• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No power to my pink headlight wire…

Cameron Lair

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
Afternoon all, got a 1974 Roadrunner/GTX that pulled the dash out and completely restored it. It’s back in and now I’ve been tackling electrical problems since. I’ve solved all but this last one. I have no power going out to my dash lights, cigarette lighter, and glove box light. (Pink Wire) I checked the fuse on the bulkhead panel and have power to both sides. Checking the power to the headlight switch plug, I have NO input power to the pink wire. I’ve triple checked all grounds and dash connections. I have several diagrams I’ve been using for help. What and I missing? I am officially lost and stumped on this one guys.
-wipers work
-brake lights work
-dome light works
-Hazards work
-turn signals work
-headlights work, but I know the run off of a different power source

Looking at the factory service manual wiring diagram there is nothing but wire between fuse #4 output and the cig lighter. First place I'd be looking is the physical connection at the fuse block. I've heard horror stories about poor connections right at the back of the fuse block.

Good luck !!

Dash lights are on diff network than the rest mentioned after the headlighs switch. However is true they come from a pink wire arriving to the headlight switch and they feed the parking lights along with dash light. So probably you don't have parking lights either?

It won't be hard to think the pink wire could come out loosen/broken from the output fuse clip on back of fuse box?

Dash lights are on diff network than the rest mentioned after the headlighs switch. However is true they come from a pink wire arriving to the headlight switch and they feed the parking lights along with dash light. So probably you don't have parking lights either?

It won't be hard to think the pink wire could come out loosen/broken from the output fuse clip on back of fuse box?
Yes, I forgot to include I have no running lights as well. I could see that happening. At the Firestation today, I will give that a area a good once over tomorrow.

I located the issue, behind the fuse panel block, pink wire had barely separated itself loose. Unnoticeable until I wiggled it, thanx for the help!

Auto Transport Service
Back