• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

no power, troubleshooting

Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 69 satellite with no engine. I recently connected a battery charger to the battery cables to test the lights ect.
There was nothing, totally dead.

Any suggestions on what to check to solve this. Btw. I have checked grounds and fuses.

Thanks for the help!

is there a ground from battery to body as some models had the ground to block then the body also check the bulkhead connector all the power goes through it

I tried a battery the first time. I'll have to clean up the grounds and try again.
Thanks guys.

With the motor out of the car, the circuit is incomplete. Nothing will work inside.
Remember the battery ground wire is supposed to be bolted to the engine itself.
Connecting the ground wire somewhere under the hood is not enough.
With the alternator out of the car,the black wire going to the "Batt" stud needs to be jumped from the feed from the battery output stud on the starter relay in order to feed everything inside the car. Use a fusible link just in case!!
Have a buddy and an extinguisher with you--you do not want to burn the car to the ground should anything short out.. Do not tighten the battery terminals should you need to disconnect in a hurry.
Hope this helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back