• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

None

Best I can do for factory correct pictures. Looks like you don't have a good 90 degree bend at the shift lever...

I'm sure you also know that's not a correct '68 shifter?!

@Dan Brewer
beerestoration2017 235.JPG

beerestoration2017 230.JPG

Did you contact Brewers about your problems? Thats the place I would start before dragging a reputable company through the mud.

I ordered these from dan himself and told him everything I was using and doing to the car. I know it’s not correct for a 68. I have a faceplated racing 4 speed that I am putting in the car. I can’t call brewers tonight. I was planning on installing now

It’s nothing some beating and bending can’t fix. .I just wanted to make sure I didn’t have something wrong. .my 68 charger was old enough to vote before I was born so I didn’t grow up around these things

Doesn't look like anything that can't be tweaked a hair to work...
Levers at either end or the rod itself, even the shifter body all could be contributing factors.
If you don't feel like you can make it work, Dan is certainly the type to either help or refund....
but I agree with @pnora - if you don't want to remedy it, first thing to do is contact Dan, not
fuss about it in a public forum.

shifter linkage from brewers 2 3-27-17.jpg
shifter linkage from brewers 3-27-17.jpg
These photos are from Dan himself, sent to me a few years back when I requested his help -
which he, as usual, readily offered.

Your picture, 400sforever, is also negate of wavy spring washers and retainers that hold the pivot ends tight? Is this causing an issue, that isn't actually an issue?

Your picture, 400sforever, is also negate of wavy spring washers and retainers that hold the pivot ends tight? Is this causing an issue, that isn't actually an issue?
The washers and spring clips would actually allow it to hit worse due to the slack in between the clip hole and washer. I had it tight in the pictures. I’m just scrapping this thread. Everyone is more concerned that I mentioned the brand of the rod than actually helping. I never posted anything negative. Just thought maybe someone else had the same trouble do to mass produced parts. I will figure things out on my own next time I guess.

Fine, I'll add you to "the list" I guess as well and won't try to help you out. I do my best around here, but I guess digging out pictures from 7 years back and taking time out of my day isn't enough for some!

Fine, I'll add you to "the list" I guess as well and won't try to help you out. I do my best around here, but I guess digging out pictures from 7 years back and taking time out of my day isn't enough for some!
I appreciate your input and pictures. I was referring to the other replies to my problem. Sorry for the lack of clarification

I’m getting older, and haven’t been under my car lately, but are you sure the reverse rod isn’t installed backwards? I know the pic you posted from Dan shows as such also, but I don’t recall ever having the adjustable end on the transmission on any of my cars. If I’m wrong, my apologies in advance. Just doesn’t look right.

Auto Transport Service
Back