• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a B body but a great looking Chrysler on BaT Not mine

I love the 71s.
maxresdefault.jpg

I like the 67 but the white gut kills it for me.....but can't be picky anymore. Dad had a 69 New Yucker that was pretty decent. Came with the 440 and that was the best part of the car. Everything else was junk. Only lemon he ever had from ChryCo.....

I just went thru all the pictures on this one. Thats a nice car. Throw ac on it and its near perfect .

I must resist, I must resist

The interior and trim are what caught my eye. Most 50 year car have a lot of marred and oxidized trim that makes them look old, weary and road worn. And something like that car has tons of brightwork inside and it looks virtually new - maybe a couple years old at most. I doubt it’s been refinished or plated as he would have thousands and thousands of dollars in the plating and anodizing. Those seat back chrome surrounds look virtually un-marked. How often do you see that? That car was really treated well over the years.

Auction ends shortly and only bid up to $14k. Man, I wish I had some garage space (needs a lot of garage space).

Auction ends shortly and only bid up to $14k. Man, I wish I had some garage space (needs a lot of garage space).

I was considering it for a bit,,,,BUT
I was out when it went past 13k. I DONT have garage space for it at all.

my bet it tips high teens maybe even close to 20k before its over

SOLD.

good money for a no option C body hardtop

I drove a ‘68 Imperial back in the late 80’s. Parts were hard to find for those big Chrysler’s then. And yeah, it’s a C body and the Imperial was a D body. Still, so much nicer to have a B and E.

Imperial was a D-body for 1964-1966, then became a C-body in 1967.

Last edited:
Imperial was a D-body for 1964-1966, then became a C-body in 1968.
Interesting but, the 67s are the same as 68s.

So they changed designation mid bodystyle??

Imperial was a D-body for 1964-1966, then became a C-body in 1968.

Have you ever looked at one? The front subfarame is completely different, it has a two piece driveshaft, and the brakes are unique to it. Trust me, it’s a D body.

Have you ever looked at one? The front subfarame is completely different, it has a two piece driveshaft, and the brakes are unique to it. Trust me, it’s a D body.

The '67-'68 cars are C-bodies. I own a '66, and have owned a '67. The 1966 and older Imperial are D-body cars. 1967 and newer are C-body cars. Plain and simple. Chrysler tells us this.

Typo on my part, since corrected. 1967 is when the Imperial became a C-body car.

The '67-'68 cars are C-bodies. I own a '66, and have owned a '67. The 1966 and older Imperial are D-body cars. 1967 and newer are C-body cars. Plain and simple. Chrysler tells us this.

Back in ‘88 I had a ‘68 Imperial Crown. I bought a ‘68 New Yorker for $100, mainly for the 440 TNT. I thought I could use some parts when I was working on the front end of the Imperial. It may as well have been an Impala. None of the front suspension is the same. I needed an idler arm. No go. The bolt pattern is even different, 5”. I also got a free ‘68 Sport Satellite. Being a “B” body, all the suspension, was exactly like my Charger, except the antisway bar. I don’t care what Chrysler says. Too many different parts from a “C” body.

Back in ‘88 I had a ‘68 Imperial Crown. I bought a ‘68 New Yorker for $100, mainly for the 440 TNT. I thought I could use some parts when I was working on the front end of the Imperial. It may as well have been an Impala. None of the front suspension is the same. I needed an idler arm. No go. The bolt pattern is even different, 5”. I also got a free ‘68 Sport Satellite. Being a “B” body, all the suspension, was exactly like my Charger, except the antisway bar. I don’t care what Chrysler says. Too many different parts from a “C” body.

Still a "C" body, nonetheless. An Imperial "C" has a longer nose, so the suspension is different. A '66 Coronet and a '66 Satellite are both "B"-body cars, but surprisingly little interchanges between the two.

A Pitman arm on a '66 Imperial is unique to '66, and is different from the '66 four-door and coupe. People have the mistaken impression that there is all this interchangeability, and really, there isn't.

Still a "C" body, nonetheless. An Imperial "C" has a longer nose, so the suspension is different. A '66 Coronet and a '66 Satellite are both "B"-body cars, but surprisingly little interchanges between the two.

A Pitman arm on a '66 Imperial is unique to '66, and is different from the '66 four-door and coupe. People have the mistaken impression that there is all this interchangeability, and really, there isn't.

It’s been a while but... if I remember correctly, the front subframe, “K member” is isolated with rubber, like the ‘73 on B bodies. The driveshaft has 3 U joints. And the transmission cross member is attached with 6 bolts instead of 4. But yeah... just like a C body. :D
When I’m under my ‘68 wagon, it looks just like my ‘70 Charger.

Back in ‘88 I couldn’t find rotors for the 5” bolt pattern Budd disks, or rebuild kits for the calipers. I could go over to Autozone and get brake parts for the ‘68 New Yorker tomorrow.

Last edited:
^^^Still. A. C-body.^^^ Whether you choose to believe it or not, all Chrysler manuals and information says they are C-body cars from 1967 to the end. Live happily in your land of misinformation.

In fact, why not produce YOUR information to the www.forcbodiesonly.com forum. I'm sure that if you can't accept my word for it, perhaps you can let several hundred rabid and exceptionally knowledgeable C-body fans educate you.

Auto Transport Service
Back