• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a lifetime Mopar Guy

hutchman

Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
Popped in to say hi from La Grande, OR....or at least soon to be. My first car was a 56 Dodge like this one:

i-4F3cS32.jpg

The image is not of my car, but this one is just like mine. I no longer have any pictures of mine, but it cost $65 in 1968, so it might not have looked quite this good! But it was my first and I loved it!

Following that Dodge, there were many, many GM products...GTOs, Trans Ams, Corvettes, and in later years, 4th Gen F Bodies. The F Bodies included some SS Camaros and one very rare Formula Firebird Firehawk hardtop. One of 30 if I remember correctly, but ...

I remeber very clearly the first time I ran a 68 Road Runner in my 66 GTO. I didn't realize jus how fast the RR might be. We counted down and on three I left, but wondered who had hooked the anchor to my GTO. I learned that night the RR was nothing to mess with. The RR was a bright lime green with a white vinyl top and I rember how good it sounded as it kind of disappered into the night!

Fast forward some 50 years and I've owned 3 Scat Packs and 1 Hellcat Challengers. My current Challenger is a 22 1320.

i-m24Bmth-X2.jpg

At this point in my life, the Challenger is just about the only HP car that I can get into and out of due to being 6' 8" tall with severe arthritis in my back. It is also a time machine.....I don't think there is any modern car that's as close to a late 60s Muscle Car as the new Challengers are. I really love these cars...

But that's not what brings me to this forum site... A friend of mine recently purchased a 69 RR that is mostly apart and getting ready for body work and paint. We have been working on the motor and transmission, getting the motor ready for the machine shop and the transmission to be rebuilt. Lots of good info here, so thanks for the add!

Welcome to the site and there are plenty of knowledgeable people here!

When you get that ‘69 RR back together it should look something like this. I know a guy who owns one too.

7637D8D8-BF16-4B76-93E9-BF761E0D9604.jpeg

Greetings and welcome from western NY!

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from Illinois!! I recommend a B-Body of your own, but you don't have to mind your elders here! :lol:

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

My wife lived in La Grande back in the 80's. Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

Welcome from Alabama, heck I'm
-1693065560_20180907_180744_3466496.jpg
still driving a 56.

Auto Transport Service
Back