• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not for sale, going to restore it one day

This is ABSOLUTELY correct. THEY own the car, all you other know it all's DO NOT.

When YOU actually own the car, then you can decide what, when, or how something should be done to it. And not until then. Realistically, most of you don't have a big enough pot to piss in yourself, and would do no better for the car, yet you love complaining about somebody else having a dream for their car and refusing to sell to YOU (and of course you want it for next to nothing too) and do what YOU think is right.
This.
I bought my Charger in 1984. Back then it was not hard to find a decent running car for less then a grand. I worked on it and drove it for 5 years.
It sat unfortunately for 25 years before we started working on it. Over the years everyone wants it but nobody ever actually made an offer to buy it. I was smart enough to keep it.
Wasn’t for sale.
I may die before it’s ever done but it’s my car.

I agree that these cars are the property of the current owner, and they can let them sit despite what others would want to do. But it can still be a sad ending. I was talking to a guy years ago about a really solid 1934 Dodge pickup that was setting way out in the hills. He had been trying to buy it for several years, but the old man refused to sell it. "Gonna fix it up one day..." He had repeatedly offered the old man a couple thousand for the truck. Anyway, he checked one day and found the truck was gone. Seems the old man passed away. His son had torched the truck into small enough pieces to get into the back of his pickup, and had hauled it to the scrapyard. Seems he needed the $50 bucks or so......

I have a few also, so I’m as guilty as anyone. I do have the money cars inside. Plans are to build a large building one day. Yeah right. Lol
6B3E7785-3082-41D6-A88B-8E18B913F038.jpeg

Seen another example of I’m going to restore it one day. Don’t get me wrong, it’s his right to do what he wishes with his car. I wasn’t trying to buy it, just wanted to check it out. I think it still has good bones.

6D222A9F-0786-4899-AA10-C9C0BC9F72F3.jpeg

D9058412-6F3C-4A9C-AB19-8A99AA93C82A.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back