• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not my favorite year, BUT THE definition of the ULTIMATE representation of the "Roadrunner" concept as Plymouth described...

Thanks for all the replies.
The job I've been working on exclusively for the last 5 or 6 weeks is a little physically challenging but mentally it's very stressful at times. Because of the volume of units I'm checking, over 1,100 and because I get paid by the unit, not by the hour, I'm doing things to literally shave seconds off the time it takes. Stuff like turning the device on as I set it up to test, to save 5 seconds not having to wait for it to power up before testing. Also if I lose time I may not make all the locations I have scheduled for the day, and that can add a lot of cost for gas and time driving.
I only mentioned that because I'm really looking to relax all around this weekend, and watching Mecum is a great way (for me) to do that, and it's all recorded so I don't have to watch commercials or any vehicles I'm not interested in.
The 68 Roadrunner I started the thread about sold for a GREAT deal (IMO) to the buyer. $85k...
I look at it this way: Other than what I've already described about my opinion on what this particular car means, it has only 14,400 original miles, and THAT is something money or time or effort or knowledge...NOTHING can buy or change the fact that it's a low mileage car. The closest thing is a complete resto, but it's still not quite the same.
There are a LOT of really cool cars, all manufacturers but a lot of Mopars in the same episode as this Roadrunner.
1684636357474.png

Are you the person that helped answer questions that Leon Fultz had when he was restoring his 68 RoadRunner from central Pa? If you are I want to thank you. His Buddy Terry and I and my good friend Scott finished the car after he died from Covid at no charge for his grand daughter. She really enjoys driving it. I heard your name and talk about your special car many times.

5766FA7D-7455-4C05-A776-EEF8F406D68B.jpeg

Are you the person that helped answer questions that Leon Fultz had when he was restoring his 68 RoadRunner from central Pa? If you are I want to thank you. His Buddy Terry and I and my good friend Scott finished the car after he died from Covid at no charge for his grand daughter. She really enjoys driving it. I heard your name and talk about your special car many times.

View attachment 1467958
Yes sir, I miss Leon so much.we became good friends. What you and Terry done for his granddaughter was awesome. It is a beautiful car. Please share more photos of it on the forum. He would be proud of you guys. RIP Leon.

I love my '68! I'm the second owner, purchased her in 1993 from Marietta, GA.
68 Roadrunner.jpg

View attachment 1467958
I misplaced Leon’s daughters phone # and wanted to thank her for the spaghetti sauce she sent to me. Please tell her thank you for me. Me and Lean always shared special photos with each other. Boy I miss him.

C7EB2B41-E4A7-41AF-92B2-F9CE674226F6.png

78C1272B-6286-41D8-904C-76909DDFA90C.png

ACAB8039-574C-4883-908C-01D341446728.png

His Buddy Terry and I and my good friend Scott finished the car after he died from Covid at no charge for his grand daughter.
THAT is DEEP, FUNDAMENTAL "good guys" and uniquely American car heritage stuff there, and you are ALL to be commended!
:thumbsup: :lowdown: :moparsmiley:

My uncle traded in a ‘62 Vette for a new ‘68 RR. Drove it to show my parents. I remember him driving it up the driveway revving the 383 and honking the horn. I was hooked at 6-yrs. of age. In ‘78 I got mine while growing ip in OK. Paid $500. Now, 45-yrs. later, it’s still in my garage. Beep beep!

IMG_3180.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg

IMG_4402.jpeg

My first restoration about 20 years ago. Lots of fun. I believe this is the 383; I eventually put in a built-up 440 with a nice cam. Having a four-speed Hurst made it a blast to drive. Still, the most fun was bringing it back to life.

DCP_2247.JPG

DCP_2253.JPG

Before-inside dash.jpg

Before-outside1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back