• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nothing enhances value more than ownership...need objective opinions

64SF

Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
If the moderators believe this thread does not fall within the rules please let me know or delete.

Now that the project is finished, with the exception of a few small items, I'm getting the "itch" to start another. However in order to do so I would need cut this one loose. Establishing a selling price on something I own has never been and easy task for me. I don't like to over price things but don't like to undervalue them either.

Below is a list of things that's been done (although I'm sure I'll remember something else after the post):

1967 Satellite originally sold in Tennessee spent most of it's life in Georgia.

Paint stripped from "frame up" meaning the underside is in it original condition which could be described as "very good".
Virtually NO rust in the car. Other than fixing the usual parking lot dings and dents the only filler used was to skim those and sharpen some of the body lines.
Painted with base/clear not "show car" quality but rivals most cars at the local cruise ins and show and shine events.
Interior completely redone including seats, carpet, headliner and door panels using Legendary products.
Bumpers rechromed
All weather stripping replaced
Front end rebuilt and 440 torsion bars installed
All new brake lines, wheel cylinders and shoes (still drum)
440 bored .030 over (originally a 318) engine from a 77 New Yorker
452 heads with new valves installed
Steel shim head gaskets
Electronic ignition
Edelbrock performer intake with new 3310 Holley vacuum secondarys
Hughs Whiplash cam (a video is on the Hughs site of the car running)
Lokar cables
HP exhaust manifolds with all new 2.5 inch exhaust and flow master mufflers
727 transmission rebuilt with red dog components
Car completely rewired with new 18 circuit EZ wire harness
Original AC car all vacuum actuators work, new sandan style compressor, new heater core installed all I need to do is finish the refrigenant lines soon to be done

Would appreciate any honest opinions regarding a fair value -I understand the real price is what a willing buyer would pay- just don't want anyone to steal it either.

Thanks,

Larry

PS ....if I do sell it I'll be looking for a 64 Sport Fury or Belvedere.

IMG_1448.jpgIMG_1449.jpgIMG_1450.jpgIMG_1451.jpgIMG_1446.jpgIMG_1447.jpg

That's a beautiful car you have there mate. When I've sold cars in the past I've always thought about how much I'd like for it then tacked some more on top to allow for negotiations. But at the end of the day you always have the, and this is my thing I always say "that's what I want for the car take it or leave it and good luck finding another" it's not like the buyer has another 6 1967 satellites to go and look at. Not like a modern car. She is what she is.
IMHO I'd keep her she's a beaut.

I would price it higher, but expect to get 19-20K when the dealing is done. Nice looking car. Actual working A/C on these is pretty rare and is worth a premium. "A/C not currently working, probably just needs charged" in a car ad is always a code to me for "will require lots of troubleshooting and about $2,500 before it blows its first cold air. Kind of like "women owned" is always a code to me for "has had no maintenance as a great pair of shoes were on sale at the time car needed it and I bought them instead."

We have about 26k into Lone Star but it's darned near original, low miles, and really clean. Also, cars tend to be a bit more pricey in DFW than in surrounding countryside locations.
When it comes to modifications, if it's not just what a buyer wants the percieved value can suffer. BTW: Awesome car!

I'll agree with $20k it's a nice looking car , but there's one identical around here for sale for (started at) $17 and dropped it to $13 and it finally sold it was a small block 318 so keep that in mind , but sweet car put a nigh price on it and enjoy it if someone wants it they'll make an offer

That's a mighty fine Satellite you have there...

Not a GTX will stray some collectors mopar and non-mopar. Although, it has all the looks (minus the scoops and the 150 speedo) and more than equal performance.

Money is relative to where you live, $17.5-$18k is about the most it would bring up here.

You did well putting this thread here. Carry on...

All I can say is a properly sorted car that looks good demands a good price. Far too many good looking cars are total junk but somehow people get big money for them. It just blows the whole curve and sours people on the hobby. The value of your car will likely fall into the parts and labor category, meaning the price of recreating this car is the high point, and since it's not a GTX or similar, you don't get the added price bonus. One thing to consider on pricing your car is if it has a clean relatively rust free body. Things like this can't be duplicated.

My question is, if it were a real GTX in that condition, what would it bring?

Auto Transport Service
Back