• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

notification not working

mopar4don

Reaction score
I am subscribed or watching quite a few threads.
I have noticed that I am not receiving any notifications via email anymore when someone posts something new.

Has something changed?
Is there something that I can check

I have noticed the same sort of thing once in a while. But I did discover that it seemed like if I went to the thread in question, I would start getting notifications again. It made me wonder if I had been notified and didn't check in so the system didn't send another.

Heck, I'm not even getting Alerts on the site itself on threads I started!

Not on my end (not in my spam folder)

Well, they are being sent to you and accepted by your email provider.

This is a screenshot of our email log (I blacked out your email address) -- as you can see, they are being sent and accepted. Have you changed your email? If not, the problem is with your email provider / your email account.

Untitled.jpg

I am currently getting (as far as I know) all watched forums

watched.jpg

But I am not getting any watched threads.
Can you confirm this?

while were are on the subject...are there parameters where the notifications stop being sent out? email or otherwise?

Say I do not respond or click on a certain thread for a while but I am subscribed to it, does the system "time out" and stop sending notifications after a certain amount of time?

Say I do not respond or click on a certain thread for a while but I am subscribed to it, does the system "time out" and stop sending notifications after a certain amount of time?

not to my knowledge.

I did get your test.
But I have not received any of these

I think it sends 1 alert that something was posted in the watched thread --- until you read the thread again. This way, you don't get a dozen emails about the same thread.

while were are on the subject...are there parameters where the notifications stop being sent out? email or otherwise?

It sure seems this way!
I have in the past unsubscribed to a thread, then resubscribed thinking that would reset it.
But even that does not seem to work!

as I said... I think it sends 1 alert that something was posted in the watched thread --- until you read the thread again. This way, you don't get a dozen emails about the same thread.

Back