• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now I know, now what?

BevII

Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Thanks guys, you helped me with my question about my sons 383 being a 361. Looked at the tranny too and its a 361 truck tranny too. Its all good, its an original 383 4 speed car. We can work that later into the plan. Bur for now we have a good running 261 and 4 speed in it. Going to take it out and clean the engine compartment, the stuff it back in. Hell why not its running right. I have a 383 short bock coming to us 8/21 but will play with this one till them. Question is...can a 361 block be bored to a 383 if we decide to play it at a later date or is it just junk? Engine and tranny is fine...just the wrong stuff. Damn!! not a problem hell the hunt is half the fun isnt it..

Jeff

You might possibly gain 5 or 6 cubes boring it .30 over and I am not sure if stroking it is an option to gain more. I would just hold out for a 383, they are readily avaliable and it would be cheaper.

Better to hold out for a 383 I'd say.. Too bad your in TX, I'd take that 361 off your hands!!

383 all the way,can be made to be REAL fun especially with a 4 speed and have the option to buy a stroker kit for it later on without having to have custom pistons made, just my 2 cents.

Thanks guys

Well we have a 383 short block coming out of OK next month. Standard bore and will open it some if needed and then move on down the road with it. There is a guy with a big yard very very close to me here, but he is asking $400 for a "maybe/I dont know" 383 ya know. Things like scare me. I did ger a .....good running ..."His exact words" ..440 about 9 months ago. After a month of trying to get it unstuck and taken apart. And having to open everything up too. I do have my doubts about buying another motor from him ya know. But man he does have some good stuff out there. LOTSSSSS of 383 a few 400 one more 440..full of rat ****. He has a crusty 71 charger. All his performance things are gone already. But I do know a guy about 60 miles from me with some very god stuff too. 69 satalite X2....67 and 68 cornets too. He has a very nice 68 2 door HT fury III 383/727...dont know the price but its nice. 2 like 71-72 SST javalin. Lots of good stuff and cheap too. thats where we get most of our projects too.

Jeff

Auto Transport Service
Back