• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now that I can see straight...

miller

Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
And hell, I only have one eye!

Quick update on my 64-65 AMD valve covers. The ones I actually paid money for, and had to wait until they were made!!

Junk. But, not quite as mad now, so work up game plan, and I'll have to make 'em work.
Can't believe didn't notice before, but just mounted up my stock valve train...and dropped the covers in place. Damn baffles sitting on rocker arms don't cut it.
Baffles are too low in the covers. So, thanks AMD, I get to cut those baffles out, and decide where to go from there. (Yeah, I know the baffles are needed.)

Figured some of you might want to know.

Do you know where they were made? May have been made over seas and no one checked them for a good fit....

May have been made overseas? LOL

Where ever AMD gets their stuff from. Who knows.

Guess I was just glad to get covers not well rusted. Real irritating they can't put something simple like a baffle plate in right. Welded in crooked, too. Basic covers are okay...or good enough. Damn sure not worth what I had to pay for 'em.

Just one side, cut baffle out, had to re-fit it, and back in now.

Kind of sounds like the body parts they sell for 2nd. generation Chargers. Good ol' Taiwanese quality pieces.

Auto Transport Service
Back