• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nuts for starter

cinciaz

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
1971 charger 383. Can anybody please tell me what size the big and small nut are for the starter wires. I have looked in all my books, but no mention of the nuts. I have headers on the car so I really dont want to take evrything apart so I can take the starter to the hardware store.
IMG_6041.JPG

You might want to "look" at installing the "mini" starter if your car is not #matching.

For real. Took literally 5 min to put mine in. Same car and motor with headers. No heat issues. Love it

1971 charger 383. Can anybody please tell me what size the big and small nut are for the starter wires. I have looked in all my books, but no mention of the nuts. I have headers on the car so I really dont want to take evrything apart so I can take the starter to the hardware store.
View attachment 1344709
IMO....The high current connection from the battery is probably copper alloy or EVERDUR a stronger material both in tensile strength and conductivity. Irs a silicon bronze is like most other bronzes in that it is a copper alloy – that is, the base alloying metal is pure copper, imbued with other elements. It is made using around 94-96% copper by weight, and the rest is typically 2.5-6% silicon and a mixture of other metals such as aluminum, zinc, lead, iron, manganese, and more. Try and match the alloy or corrosion may develop.
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back