• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYC Bravest

RIP to all the fallen. How sad that horrid event continues to haunt our country

New York has seen plenty of bad times & the people have shown allot of strength... Te Firefighters certainly deserve our respect but the guys on the water manning the boats have shown what they are made of as well...

Funny how most times it's a cold impersonal place but when bad stuff happens the people come together...

Never doubt the strength of New York...

RIP to all the fallen. How sad that horrid event continues to haunt our country
Yes it is very sad. Its not only our firefighters, its every person who spent time there. What many dont realize is how toxic the air was after the towers came down. You figure it this way, I was there a couple of days later at the recovery, I came home covered in dust, just one day. These other guys were there for. months and months. What were these poor souls exposed to
Others worked there for years. Then yet was NYPD and others who combed through the debris transported to the SI landfill looking for bone fragments, trying to ID the remains of the unaccounted.
I would encourage every American at some point in their lives to visit the memorial at ground zero. Also to visit the 9/11 museum.
New York has seen plenty of bad times & the people have shown allot of strength... Te Firefighters certainly deserve our respect but the guys on the water manning the boats have shown what they are made of as well...

Funny how most times it's a cold impersonal place but when bad stuff happens the people come together...

Never doubt the strength of New York...
Years ago my neighbor and her husband were going to see a Broadway show. They took public transportation which involved a subway ride. Her husband became ill during his ride on the subway and collapsed onto. the floor of the subway car. The other passengers immediately came to his aid. They did what they could until the train got to its next stop and paramedics. took. over. Sadly my neighbor died that night.
There are ever sort of people you can think of living, working in the city and its surrounding borough's. All types of ethnic groups, different languages.
Some are rude, some are not. Many will hold the door for you when entering a building many will not. Just the other night a black woman held the door for my wife. Its hard to explain. I see some of these kids , some look like gang bangers, some look like freaks. There anything but, you cant tell until you interact. I see people, immigrants maybe illegal maybe not, work so very hard. My friend told me of a woman from Guyana. who cares for his elderly uncle, that lady works seven days a week. He himself is partially disabled and has some ladies from Jamaica who assist him when he travels into the city to see doctors. They just work and work and if anything I learned is you cant judge a book by its cover
Its just hard to explain unless you live it. But I do get a kick out of the perception some have about the city. All I know is when people were running out of those buildings minutes before they collapsed, our first responders were running in and that takes guts.

After everything that happened that day, all the lives lost, all the first responders doing whatever was necessary at the moment that are now dying of cancers and other conditions.. After all the human tragedy, Congress still can't get it's act together, years later for long term support of these folks. Took a comedian, John Stewart, that has relentlessly been on top of this since days after 9/11 happened to shame congress into action. Unbelievable, or as to be expected in DC ?

Took a comedian, John Stewart, that has relentlessly been on top of this since days after 9/11 happened to shame congress into action.
His appearance was inconsequential to what was a foregone conclusion.
The legislation was going to pass regardless.
I'm not going to comment further because I don't want the thread moved.
The first responders who entered the buildings after they were struck or burning are the bravest, most valuable treasures our nation has. Utter selflessness in service to total strangers.
There is a place in heaven for all of them.

It was the Senate and not a partisan issue either, many of both parties were united the way Americans are suppose to be. I suggest some should read my thread in the PF were out of disgust I went off on a certain politician. Also read the replies and form your own honest evaluations.

NYC is a human social laboratory much the same way Los Angeles is. There’s good to the extreme and there is bad in both cities. Most that don’t live there just knock the bad because that’s what gets the publicity. I love NYC sans the politics. Los Angeles....... it’s been 30:years here - still getting use to its culture. We have issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back