• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O ring for power steering pump reservoir

Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am trying to locate the correct O ring for my Power steering pump reservoir that is leaking.fluid. I have bought 2 different power steering rebuild kits online those were wrong and no parts store around here I went to has the correct large O ring in the kit that seals the pump to the reservoir. My power steering pump is the TRW "large notch"
Does anyone knowthe correct O ring that is required and where to get it? Thank you

I eliminated the o-ring completely and filled the groove with plenty of ultra black rtv. Reassembled and trimmed excess with a blade once it fully cured, repainted it and hasn't leaked in 4 years.

I was able to find the O ring that's needed for this pump at a huge O ring store about 20 miles from me called "O rings and things" in the city of Fontana Calif. I bought 2 in case another is ever needed. It's sealing perfectly

I was able to find the O ring that's needed for this pump at a huge O ring store about 20 miles from me called "O rings and things" in the city of Fontana Calif. I bought 2 in case another is ever needed. It's sealing perfectly
Glad you got what you needed!
That's what I did years ago as well. Local hydraulic/O-ring supply place sold me a bag of 20 or so of the ones I needed for like $10 (and only because they had a $10 minimum!)
Sometimes I think folks get caught up in the "I probably need to get this from a Mopar/Hotrod shop/performace auto type place" when if you look around your area, you can sometimes find the same or better from Joe Blow's industrial supply...

i had a very hard time finding the O-ring that i needed and O - RINGS and things had what i needed 69 cents

i had to same problem when trying to find the big O-RING for my 64 Plymouth Fury luckily i had the old one with a micrometer i measured inner and outer diameter and thickness and the place in California has them 69 cents with shipping about $13.00 i would RECOMMEND them to EVERYONE !!

Auto Transport Service
Back