• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OE 68/69 Voltage Regulator

Macdon221

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any photos/links of photos of OE 68/69 voltage regulators?

Looking for examples of the script lettering with the date codes...not NOS replacements.

I did search for a bit but did not see much.

Thanks so much.

Macdon221

Something like this?

20200417_143519.jpg

The one pictured is incorrect. The originals had the black cover that goes all the way around.

Will an OE one with the full black edges that go all the way around fit over a new reproduction one?

Me personally, I'll take an edge showing over the points sticking in my oem unit. Had it happen to me once, never again. Went with a solid state piece.

I have an OE cover placed over an aftermarket solid state replacement that was available from Canadian Tire back about 1980. You cannot tell the difference visually unless you remove it from the firewall. Been working perfectly for 40 years. No sticking points.

Here is a pair that I have. The one on the left is a original one from a late January 69 built car. The one on the right has a date coed 259

102_6184.JPG

I also see some of the regulators are upside down...some are right side up...was there one proper way as per original or did it depend on plant/wiring harness supplier?

Rare Fish...on earlier one...on the left...is that paint green?
Yes, the one one the left has green lettering. It was in a 69 Dart that I bought from my friends estate back in 2014. The car had 10,000 miles on the OD and been parked since 1974. I believe that it is the original factory installed one.
On A-Bodies the regulators mounted in the vertical position. On B-bodies they mounted horizontally and the lettering was upside down.
I had the green lettered one in my 68 Charger for awhile, but removed it before I sold it.

P1040457.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, the one one the left has green lettering. It was in a 69 Dart that I bought from my friends estate back in 2014. The car had 10,000 miles on the OD and been parked since 1974. I believe that it is the original factory installed one.
On A-Bodies the regulators mounted in the vertical position. On B-bodies they mounted horizontally and the lettering was upside down.
I had the green lettered one in my 68 Charger for awhile, but removed it before I sold it.

View attachment 939720

WHAT!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back