• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OEM Bendix Caliper mount bolts to spindle arm

MikeO

Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Team,

Greetings I am loosing my mind. I have called and even the team in California who is redoing my brake booster does not have the OEM Bendix caliper mount bolts to spindle arm. I only have one of the four I need for front end. First question does anyone know if anyone has any on here. Second can I buy anywhere. Third has anyone made their own. Please see pics below for bolts looking for. Thank you all!
-MikeO
96EC2718-6B3B-43E7-AE76-6E9133673EEF.jpeg

C1EFAAAA-6798-481E-B2D9-63C2982E0ECD.jpeg

DC55F3CE-EB2C-4E53-A6F0-49BF6418DA84.jpeg

Just use a standard hardware store bought, grade 8 bolt, and you will be good to go.
Don't worry about it, loose any sleep over it, that your not using an official assembly line bolt.
Ya, i guess if you have a lathe, or know someone that does, you can have that area machined down, but in the real word, there is no need to.

Hemi71X has you on the rite track about getting the proper bolt size.Dont know if your around junk yards but check out AMC car of the same year as they used the same bendix brake system.there is a big mopar junk yard n parts in Arizona they mite have the parts your looking for.OH n if you are trying to get the oem look you mite want to find the proper bolts that hold the 2 piece caliper together as the head of the bolt is drilled n tapped to attached the brake line bracket.

Hemi71X has you on the rite track about getting the proper bolt size.Dont know if your around junk yards but check out AMC car of the same year as they used the same bendix brake system.there is a big mopar junk yard n parts in Arizona they mite have the parts your looking for.OH n if you are trying to get the oem look you mite want to find the proper bolts that hold the 2 piece caliper together as the head of the bolt is drilled n tapped to attached the brake line bracket.
If your going to be needing "special" bolts you had better be saving the bolts that fasten the two halves of your brake caliper together, as written about, from the other member that replied.
Those are special, having a threaded portion on the head of the bolt, that your brake line hose bracket fastens too.
If you don't have those bolts you have to improvise, by drilling and taping the standard bolt heads and then bolt the bracket to those caliper bolts.
You'll figure it out, once you get into it.
Just kinda, sorta, giving you a heads up.

bendix caliper 3.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back