• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oem floor insulation

67belvedere/225

Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Can any body tell me what was the oem insulation under the carpets of my '67 belvedere
I cleaned up some rust and primer and tremclad painted the floor
I am putting the carpet back in and wondering what was there and what people do
there s a jute very thin I think I'm going to add and some dynamat strips

IMG_3748.JPG

Your replacement carpet should have the padding in all the right places. It won't hurt to put some extra insulation or sound deadner in.

My car had a tar-like substance with paper on top (similar to FatMat, DynoMat or other butyl sound dampening mat) that was stuck down in the footwells. The new carpet has jute backing to insulate against heat.

If your goal is to restore the car to oem standards you can buy a kit with the tar-like stuff online. It's very heavy and adds a lot of weight, though.

dont nee does it s a hot rod , just seeing what other s put
we usually at our shop put the dynomat , I like it but if you ever want to do something and need to take it off
good luck

The original insulation was a brownish thick horse hair type....no one reproduces that.....

This is actually an original 67 B body floor mat.....The jute was reused on my current build...

DSC04076.JPG
DSC04077.JPG
DSC04078.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back