• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OEM Forged 440 Crank value

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
I sold the rods, pushrods and balancer from my 70 HP 440 block. If I build it, I would go with something newer and lighter. I had intended to keep the crank, but the buyer is also looking for one. What’s a good price for a forged 70 date crank in decent shape?

I’m not a motivated seller, but the buyer seems to want it.

It depends on where you are at and who needs one I suppose. Around here a standard standard needing just a polish is about the same as they were 20 years ago around $300. Any more than that and people generally just go for a new stroker crank. I've got a few I've been carting around and I don't know why.

Stock used cranks seem to have a limited demand since there are so many aftermarket cranks available now, and strokers are so popular. Even blocks, that there are no affordable replacements, can be a tough sale. I've been scrapping more than selling lately. But, just for the trouble of storing and handling, I would say $50 to $150 for a used crank would be typical in my area.

A stock stroke 440 source forged crankshaft is $900 now. Used go from $300 to $600 on ebay.

If it hasn't been magged, the buyer is going to factor that in to reflect in an offer. An unknown crank around here brings about $100-$125.

A stock stroke 440 source forged crankshaft is $900 now. Used go from $300 to $600 on ebay.
Ebay listing prices do NOT establish value. If it is for sale and not sold, then the listed price is what the item is NOT going for.

whats it worth.jpg
As others have stated, unless it's been to a machine shop and measured every which way
(and the results documented), well....

I have sold 2 in the last few years. Both were freshly turned .010 on rods and mains. The counter weights were turned down .125 thou also. I got $400.00 usd for them each. Kim

Auto Transport Service
Back