• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ohio Rocks

65wgn440

Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
Very possible that Ohio is the epicenter of the car culture universe this summer. We had the NHRA tour stop at Norwalk end of June, Monster Mopar event in July (Norwalk), Pontiac Nationals (their Superbowl) end of July (Norwalk), Mopar Nationals this weekend (basically Columbus), Hot Rod Power Tour kick-off Aug. 23rd (Norwalk), and 2nd round of Hot Rod Drag Week Sept. 14th (Norwalk) !!! Oh yeah, have to throw in Jeep Fest last weekend (Toledo).

And all I've done is work! Think I'll take a break and head down to the Nats.

OH has had a hard core motorhead culture for decades.

In the mid 1980's the city I grew up in- Dayton, OH was featured as one of the best (actually the best, but I find that hard to believe) city to cruse classic cars by Car Craft magazine.

Nearly everyone I knew had a min-bike or dirt bike as a kid (not me though, too poor).

I repaired my first car (mom's buick 350 water pump) at the age of 12, with only minimal help (via telephone) from my uncle.

Very possible that Ohio is the epicenter of the car culture universe this summer. We had the NHRA tour stop at Norwalk end of June, Monster Mopar event in July (Norwalk), Pontiac Nationals (their Superbowl) end of July (Norwalk), Mopar Nationals this weekend (basically Columbus), Hot Rod Power Tour kick-off Aug. 23rd (Norwalk), and 2nd round of Hot Rod Drag Week Sept. 14th (Norwalk) !!! Oh yeah, have to throw in Jeep Fest last weekend (Toledo).
Don’t forget Pulltown in Bowling Green Ohio. National Tractor Pulling Championships.
https://www.pulltown.com/

Sure hope they use some of that income to work on their roads. Some of the worse roads in the middle eastern states.

Ohio fixed most of their roads in the late 1990's.

The federal government withheld funds and threatened to find them in contempt of the national transportation act (or whatever designated interstate highways to be evacuation routes and to have adequate clearance to transport missiles).

There for a while they were raising bridges, lowering underpasses and repaving all over the place.

Of course that was 20 years of severe Ohio winters ago.....

In the mid 1980's the city I grew up in- Dayton, OH was featured as one of the best (actually the best, but I find that hard to believe) city to cruse classic cars by Car Craft magazine.

Nearly everyone I knew had a min-bike or dirt bike as a kid (not me though, too poor).

I repaired my first car (mom's buick 350 water pump) at the age of 12, with only minimal help (via telephone) from my uncle.

The first stop on Power Tour after leaving Norwalk is in Dayton.

Ohio George Montgomery's shop was walking distance from my high school.

Really just a slightly larger than average regular garage in a suburban neighborhood, but decked out with signage.

Auto Transport Service
Back