• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil flow confusion

Moparmatt72

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Okay myself and my dad are confused. I get oil when manually primping the system to the left bank but nothing to the right, ran a wire down the oil feed goes to cam, oil gauge reads 80 psi with the drill going. Any ideas??

Engine is a 440 with stealth heads. The rockers on the right side aren't getting oil.

Im no mopar guru,but if its like a (cough,cough chevy ) then you need a priming tool to get the oil to the other galley.

You need to turn the motor over by hand to get oil to both rocker shafts. Nothing's wrong, just the design of the cam bearings.

You need to turn the motor over by hand to get oil to both rocker shafts. Nothing's wrong, just the design of the cam bearings.

Exactly as Dave has said, nothing is wrong.

FYI, Oil comes up through the #4 cam bearing to oil the rockers. One squirt per rocker per cam revolution. Two crankshaft revolutions per one cam revolution.

Rotate your crankshaft slowly by hand while running the drill to prime, you'll get oil to both sides.

Thank everyone yep that what it was, funny thing is I almost got my dad when the oil shot out due to having the hold down off.

Auto Transport Service
Back