• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pan to a 440

I've got an 8 quart moroso on my 440. The car isn't lowered and I still can't go over speed bumps or bad roads at all it's a pain in the ***. Im going to swap to a good 5 quart, that should work out for you

Personally, if it is a big block and - if you have no real reason to keep it fully original, I would suggest at least 6-7 qt. They do make pans that are close to the bottom of the K frame. I don't think Detroit has made a V-8 oil pan in decades that is less than 6 qt. - for good reasons..

use a '70 hemi-6 pak pan. should be an easy bolt up. 6qts.

Personally, if it is a big block and - if you have no real reason to keep it fully original, I would suggest at least 6-7 qt. They do make pans that are close to the bottom of the K frame. I don't think Detroit has made a V-8 oil pan in decades that is less than 6 qt. - for good reasons..

So if my engine is from 72, then i have 6 or 7 qt oil pan, if it is an original one?

Can you give me a hint on where to find those?
mancini has them. $170 for pan and pick-up. #884k, and you need to specify 3/8 or 1/2 pick-up. i have one on my 69 r/t. somebody, i don't know who, is reproducing the 5qt "402" pan that would have came stock on 68-69 b-bodies.

Agree with lewtot184, Hemi oil pan. 440Source or Mancini. You probably have a 3/8 pickup

I was looking for a chrome oil pan, but i havn't find any 6-qt.

Is the HEMI oil pan the "best" choise due to large qt and low height?
Is all those oil pans only steel, and not painted?

The price on 440source was only $99,95 and on Mancini the cost was $169,95 but pickup included in the price, do they have the same oil pans?

I was looking for a chrome oil pan, but i havn't find any 6-qt.

Is the HEMI oil pan the "best" choise due to large qt and low height?
Is all those oil pans only steel, and not painted?

The price on 440source was only $99,95 and on Mancini the cost was $169,95 but pickup included in the price, do they have the same oil pans?

Same pan.
Pay the shipping and I'll give you a pickup.

Pay the shipping and I'll give you a pickup.

They have picup's on 440 source for only $19,95... so if i bought from "440" i take a pickup at same time.
But how do i know what size it is? Someone say that i probably have 3/8. What engines have 1/2?

No paint at all, you do have a 3/8" Only Hemi came with 1/2"

Most all 440's are 3/8 pickups unless you drill and expand them to the 1/2 inch. 426's (hemi) are the 1/2, not sure on Wedge motors.

Auto Transport Service
Back