• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil Pressure Sending unit Part Number

Macdon221

Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
Good Day All,

Looking for the part number for the Oil Pressure Sending Unit for my 68 Charger. Pressure reading unit.

I have a parts manual, and usually I am pretty good at finding things in there....but having trouble locating the part number, or a diagram with the part numbered on it.

Anyone have the reference/section/diagram number for the parts manual?

Thanks in Advance

Macdon221

If you need the sender for a gauge, there's only one listed 2495222. If you need a switch for an idiot light, there are three versions and you'll have to choose per your application.

M

OilSenders.jpg

The Ebay ad states that the part is an aftermarket replacement piece. The original vendor to Chrysler was Introl. If you can find an original, it will will have the Inrol name stamped into the housing along with the PSI rating and most of the time a date code.

The Ebay ad states that the part is an aftermarket replacement piece. The original vendor to Chrysler was Introl. If you can find an original, it will will have the Inrol name stamped into the housing along with the PSI rating and most of the time a date code.
What? I'm supposed to read the description??? Yeah, I guess I should have.... I agree it was originally an Introl part..

RPMT Mopar 2427237 2495222 3488609 Oil Pres Send Unit Many 64-76 MOPAR W GUAGE | eBay

It's listed by the part number... Whether it's really a Mopar part.... Who knows... It's not listed by some aftermarket number like OS-4 so maybe...
To piggy back off of this post, what about the wire clip that fastens to the oil sending unit from the wire harness that comes up from the starter? I have a 67 Charger Hemi with a new battery cable wire harness, which conects to the starter and has one wire that connects onto the oil sending unit. The wire has a "rectangular" clip that is supposed to fit over a round post on the oil sending unit. I can't get the wire to stay the oil sending unit post. Any suggestions?

To piggy back off of this post, what about the wire clip that fastens to the oil sending unit from the wire harness that comes up from the starter? I have a 67 Charger Hemi with a new battery cable wire harness, which conects to the starter and has one wire that connects onto the oil sending unit. The wire has a "rectangular" clip that is supposed to fit over a round post on the oil sending unit. I can't get the wire to stay the oil sending unit post. Any suggestions?
Mine always shook/slid off when my car was running. A simple pinch with a pair of pliers cured it, just had to squeeze it enough to get an interference fit. :thumbsup:

They can be bought locally for about 22.00 Napa,Oreillys,Autozone

Mine always shook/slid off when my car was running. A simple pinch with a pair of pliers cured it, just had to squeeze it enough to get an interference fit. :thumbsup:
Yeah I pinched it and mine still falls off. I will buy a new one at one of the auto stores mentioned by gary h and see if it stays on any better than the one I have. Thanks for both responses.

Auto Transport Service
Back