• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK...Best Male Voice

Best Male Singing Voice

• Elvis

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Roy Orbison

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Frankie Valli

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Marvin Gaye

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Neil Diamond

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Michael Jackson

• Freddie Mercury

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jim Morrison

• Ray Charles

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • other

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

70rr-brian

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Since I recently did the female voice I would like to see opinions on best male voice. For my money, while not necessarily what I would call the best music, Frankie Valli had the best male voice.

I'd like to add :
- David Bowie
- Tom Jones
- Rozz Williams
- Iggy Pop
- Teddy Pendergrass
- John Lee Hooker
- Ian Curtis
- Justin Hayward
- Mike Pinder
- Denny Laine
- Lou Reed
- Rob Tyner

Too many to list or favour :headbang:

I'm gonna go with Bruce Dickinson.

Best male voice

YES BRUCE DICKINSON IS GOOD IM A IRON MAIDEN FAN FROM WAY BACK! UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_weed:::headbang:

Rob Halford.

Same criteria as Ann Wilson.

Nat King Cole.

All discussions begin and end with him.

Stop laughing and go listen.

My personal favorite is Tom Waits.

Frankie Valli, Nat King Cole, Al Martino, Mel Torme, Wayne Newton (I'll probably get some comment on that one) and the Man, Bobby Darin all are at the top of my list as great singers.
I've always liked listening to a guy who could sing really well with a big band.
I saw Wayne Newton, when he was only about 15 or 16, at the Steel Pier in Atlantic City. I'll always remember that show cause he worked so well with the band. I commented that he will be a big star and not all of my friends shared that opinion. I saw Bobby Darin several times and he was the same way. He was and still is, by far, my favorite.
( besides he married Sandra Dee and she was somethin'!!)

The very best voice, though, I've got to say Jerry Vale.

I'll agree the old timers mentioned are definitely in the top ranks. Also Tony Bennett should be in there somewhere. I think I should include Art Garfunkel, Glenn Campbell, Josh Groban (not my kind of music but the guy can sing), Crosby, Stills, Nash, and I like Neil Young but I'm sure most won't agree. For rock I have to say Ronnie James Dio! :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back