• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay, Here are the GOOD pictures of the wheels on the GTO

SteveSS

Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input so far but no cigar. Here is a pic of the front, the back,
mag1.jpg
mag2.jpg
mag3.jpg
and straight on.

Just a long shank mcguard nut should work.

Well, I was clearly wrong, those aren't rodlites. Sorry. I don't recognize them. No info on the inside of the wheel?

I'd have to crawl under the car with the prairie grass but I'll try. I'm assuming the wheels are old because the tires are really old. Weird that the rear lug nuts are open on the end. Does that mean it has spacers behind the wheel necessitating long studs?

Shank lug nuts. Take one off to measure the correct length of the shank

I stand corrected from my last post about the holes being triangle shaped. I couldnt see the round. Anyhow here they are in the catalog. They are Weld Champ XL's atleast I knew they were Welds. lol

champxl.png

Dual pattern?? Hopefully not a home-job lol

Yes, they appear to old Welds, some were dual pattern. The open lugs were used for long studs required for some drag racing applications.

I thought they usually use a center cap to cover up all the holes.

Don't recall the center cap doing that but maybe. Can't picture how it would.
IIRC most Welds were single pattern. The Super Tricks were more often dual pattern.

Draglites were almost always dual pattern, I don't think your champ xl were dual from the weld factory. The ford/Mopar pattern looks factory, the Chevy pattern so close to the big decorative holes, makese nervous
(I have three pair of centerline autodrags that had another pattern added, but there are no decorative holes in them.)

Auto Transport Service
Back