• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OKC Street Outlaws not in top 8 for 100k

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
I was curious to know if anyone knows why JJ did not get the OKC street outlaws to compete in his City/Team Race for 100k. Seems like they are on the out with Discovery or something...

well Chief leaving his wife and kids for another women didnt help. Bet ratings went down after that.

well Chief leaving his wife and kids for another women didnt help. Bet ratings went down after that.
I agree plus racing each other EVERY week did not help....

why JJ did not get the OKC street outlaws to compete in his City/Team Race for 100k.
My guess is that the "405" are "all in" on the "No Prep Kings" circuit.
Big Chief (Justin) even said he was "tired of sitting on the couch" so I have to assume the coverage and money has shifted to the NPK gig. We saw them at the Memphis International Raceway.

My guess is that the "405" are "all in" on the "No Prep Kings" circuit.
Big Chief (Justin) even said he was "tired of sitting on the couch" so I have to assume the coverage and money has shifted to the NPK gig. We saw them at the Memphis International Raceway.
Bingo !!!

the 405 has moved on or lost the "street cred" possibly
(personally I can't stand loud mouth Chuck)
all there cars are track cars, they try to portray "they are street"
not a single one of them do Drag Week

well except for Jeff Lutz, he's actually from Ohio (Penn.) not OKC

I still like to watch Street Outlaws,
no matter what city it is or NPK

OKC/405 is all in on the No Prep Kings $40k a race,
another $100k for a championship,
especially Ryan Martin million + $$$ operations
Chuck & Boosted are promoters
mere speaker-heads/barkers for the other cars, real racers
neither of them were competitive for the past 3 seasons
supposedly have new cars now, most of them all do,
for the No Prep racing
they already have a 3hr Tv shows,
captured audiences autograph sessions at the tracks
buy ins & tow $$$, I'm sure they are all living the life
(possibly; why Justin/"Big Chief" has joined them now too, he was the
only hold out, other than his partner Sean/"Murder Nova"
)
lots of air time & not shared fame & $$$ with NOLA, Texas,
Detroit, St. Louis, or that loud moth asshole from North Carolina,
or JJ the boss

I wish them all best of luck in what they are all doing
I hope they do well in their choices, track racing or the
"fake street racing" on closed circuit stuff, private land, lit up like a stadium
they originally portrayed as "illegal street racing", where they got notoriety

Makes for good TV, even the 'fake/scripted' story lines
a lot better than most **** on TV today
Especially the real racing, even if they don't show any times or mph's
even if it is only 1/8 mile racing
I'd like to see them race 1/4 mile
I know insurance & safety is a huge issue too

I hate the 1st round 'call out BS' & the broken cars handouts of points
make everyone draw out of the bucket
let the next best qualifier#33, #34, #35 etc. in,
in the 1st rounds, to actually race, if the other "star" people are broken
they have 40+ cars most of the time, at a min for 32 spots,
makes for a much better competitive racing, not fixed/rigged
not one sided BS, more for the 405, some NOLA, lots for Texas, "STARS"
someone is always broken, let a qualifier from outside the top 32, back in

free round ****, like it always seems, someone is gifted a free round,
especially 405 guys

y'all have a nice day

Last edited:
I think JJ & his producers
didn't want to share the spotlight with the OKC/405 "STARS" too

keeps people talking

look we are all talking about it now :poke:

The shows may not be for everyone, but better entertainment that most of the other "Reality" shows.

I think Jeff Lutz is from Pa. as his race car shop is in Butler Pa....

I wouldn't walk across the street to see a jj race, and I SURE as he'll would never race in one. I consider him a liar, a cheat, and a thief.

I wouldn't walk across the street to see a jj race, and I SURE as he'll would never race in one. I consider him a liar, a cheat, and a thief.
That's too bad.
Where do you draw that opinion from?
:popcorn2:
After the Memphis International Raceway "No Prep Kings" races, my wife and I got word of REAL STREET RACES (no cops, no camera crew, public street) in Memphis that night. Guess who was there? JJ, his wife Tricia, his cousin Precious, and many others, along with a few hundred spectators. Way out by a container yard (where they usually race for the Memphis "at home" races on TV.)
AGAIN, NO COPS, NO CAMERA CREW!
Just good 'ol 'murica street racing.
And EVERY SINGLE ONE of them was very nice and took the time to say "Hi" and we let them know how much we enjoy the show. We got some pix w/them too.
Same thing with some of the other people from the 405 and NOLA at Gulfport Dragway. NO CAMERA CREWS, they were at the regular Wednesday night test and tune, and were courteous, happy to chat briefly, and took some pix w/me.
My experiences with almost ALL of the people on the shows has been good, from the "early days" to just recently.
The only real asshole I've ever met was Dennis Gage of My Classic Car. I met him at Cruisin the Coast, and he's a DICK!:nutkick:I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire an begged me to! :up:

That's too bad.
Where do you draw that opinion from?
The only real asshole I've ever met was Dennis Gage of My Classic Car. I met him at Cruisin the Coast, and he's a DICK!:nutkick:I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire an begged me to! :up:
:carrot:tell Us what you really think :luvplace:

:thankyou:

I think Jeff Lutz is from Pa. as his race car shop is in Butler Pa....

He is from Pa and has driven all 3 of his 57’s past my house several times. He’s even circled the block a few times in a 70 Roadrunner just to get my attention. Super nice guy.

Last edited:
I think the Yellow Tri-5 Chevy of Lutz is one of the nicest looking cars in the bunch. The first time he crashed it I almost felt like I owned a little of his car, it made me sad...
He's crashed it so many times since then I am more insulated now.
Amazing how they can fix them to where they look like they did pre-crash.

Bio, I will be glad to explain, point by point.
He's a liar. He claims his truck , "old heavy" is 4300 lbs. When it was crashed, you could see that the whole front end is glass, you can hear the doors are gutted, you can see that it is a tube car, it might have a steel bed, to get weight on the right end of the car, but if that truck weighs an ounce over 3300 lb, I'll eat it with a fork. He lies about how much everything he races weighs, to get a competitive advantage.
He cheats. He will only race under his rules, so that he can cheat for his racers. A flashlight start is fair.(or, at least more fair that what he does)he won't do that. When he starts, he jumps up, then drops his hands, so his racers can get a headstart. Also, what is worse, is the "chase is a race". If I'm racing against one of his racers, you KNOW his racer is gonna jump. So what am I supposed to do, assume he his gonna jump, and just sit there,and hope I'll be treated fairly, or watch the other guy as well as the starter and then react VERY late? Those starting line rules are DESIGNED to **** the other racer. I'm frankly surprised that ANY experienced racer would race under those rules. It must be a rabid desire to be on tv.
I saw one episode where he eliminated the rule against crossing the centerline. Ha as much as admitted that if someone was gaining on one of his racers, they would swerve into the opponents lane, to get him to lift. At least that was big chiefs take on that, and i agree.
He's a thief. He doesn't race for fun, or to prove his car is fast. He races to **** people out of money. He's proud of that fact. He refuses to race fair. He's proud when he gets to "teach somebody how street racing works" , meaning I cheat better than you.
If you haven't guessed by now, I don't respect him a whole lot.
Edit: there is a rumour that jj and his crew showed up at my local 1/8 mile track here in socal, ( I was out of town at the time) and got his *** kicked. I guess it's much harder to cheat with a fair starting line at a dragstrip and an electronic judge at the finish line.
Second edit: .obviously I have watched the show; it's racing, and I love to watch racing. But the way the races are run, and his bragging about how much money he has taken from other racers turns my stomach,and I turn it off.

Last edited:
I appreciate the explanation, and I won't question how you feel about those things, or what JJ does.
The only thing that you mentioned that I would have strongly objected to, as well, is making it "ok to cross the center line" and that is because of safety. I also think (know) that the flashlight start is more equitable, and the kind I prefer to be used is the "long light" that the southern racers usually use.
If an opponent agrees to race under JJ's rules, well all that you mentioned is taken into consideration.
I think they are nice people.

Like any other race. Watch what you can get away with. Do a better job of that than the other guy. Come out on top. What amazes me is how good some of these guys are at making their cars hook. Anybody that thinks that they are not highly skilled tuners is kidding themselves.
Doug

I used to watch street outlaws every week...my wife even enjoyed watching it. Lately though, starting with NPK and now this $100,000, the shows have become unwatchable. The yelling, arguing, fighting, and total lack of respect between the racers that now make up the majority of the show is unbearable. I started watching the $100,000 show but turned it off after about 30 minutes.

I started watching the $100,000 show but turned it off after about 30 minutes.
We DVR it...
We fast forward through the bullshit and watch the races...
The show was about 1/4th racing if you take out the commercials and BS.

I don't know how someone cheats when you are told the rules in advance. I street raced for about 10-12 years IF you don't know what your looking at or take someone else's word or what to actually believe then it's simple don't race. Ran into all kinds over the years most try and get ANY advantage..Most overall are good fun people AFTER the race win or lose. They will say Small Nitrous jets, weighs 4,500lbs, Small cubic inch, a cylinder down etc... You better bet your *** it's firing on all cylinders with the biggest nitrous jets and weighs 2500lbs... A street race is just that rules you agree on and race by those rules. If you agree by them you can't be cheated as you were told in advance. If you do race and lose, Don't cry afterwards as excuses are a losers best friend.

Agreed, @QuickBpBp , that's why I said I would NEVER race under those conditions. If you are stupid enough to get hustled, you pays yer money, and youse take your chances.

Auto Transport Service
Back