• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old dog Coronet...new tricks

Don't forget the embarrassing butt whooping Rick Ehrenburg did with the Green Brick years ago in Mopar Action. Low dollar, low tech factory based suspension with upgrades hammered high dollar cars during the one lap of america race[ might be wrong on what it was called] and ended up getting banned because the car did so well.

Can you give the specs on the tire and wheel package to handle the brake upgrade? This is what I want for my 67 Belvedere II. Love the curves. Thanks, Clint.

Tire and wheel combo will depend on what brake setup you get. On my car, I have not gotten that far yet. I'm using the brakes from Dr Diff which require me to run a 17" minimum on the front, 13" rotors, but I'm going to go 18's instead as there are way more tire choices for width and diameter. Mike is running 18" Welds on his Belvedere but you would need to check his article on full dimensions and tire sizing. Plus he has changed out suspensions and done mini tubs which all add to the equation.

Can you give the specs on the tire and wheel package to handle the brake upgrade? This is what I want for my 67 Belvedere II. Love the curves. Thanks, Clint.

Wheels:
Rocket Racing Strike 15 in. x 6 in., 5 x 4.50 in. Bolt Circle, 3.25 in. Backspace
15 in. x 8 in., 5 x 4.50 in. Bolt Circle, 4.50 in. Backspace
Tires:
215/70-15 BFGoodrich Radial T/A
275/60-15 M&H Racemaster Drag Radial
Front brakes:
http://p-s-t.com/i-23161519-wilwood...it.html#!year=1965||make=DODGE||model=CORONET

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. For some reason I keep thinking that mini tub is the only way to go. Cars like yours shows that is not true. I may go up to 15's if I find out my 14's are bent. People like you and the cars they build inspire people like me. Thanks again.

Auto Transport Service
Back