• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old girl jus died on me

It hav lean bur on it when i got but got electronic set up from Mancini racin to up grade,its set up like 74 electronic now,i hav a accel coil but thinkin it mite be weak

Does your keyboard look like this one?
Computer missing keys.JPG

Replaced ballast resistors (i hav 2,a2prong an 4 prong ) also electronic control unit an put a new coil on. Still would stall out when i took hand off key,smelled gas so thinkin its flooded,held pedal down an continued to crank.she fired an is runnin but ruff.Thinkin she fouled some plugs. So it had to b 1 of th 4 new parts along we th fouled plugs.Cost around 100$ for th 4 so i can live with that.Ill put in a set of new plugs,retime it an hopefully th clouds will part ,sun will shine an all will b good in th kingdom..an my keyboard took th struggle lik a champ,jus lost a half bottle of bourbon.Thanks again for th help

Oh forgot,if anyone knows im lookin for apair of factory deep rim that will accommodate apair of 285x60x15,jus plain stock rim

Got Doba out for bourbon run,after a successful purchase was on way bac,turned corner an she jus shut down,lik i turned it off.Checked everything,but replaced electronic control pac ( had spot on it an packing was loose ) Ballast resistor is good.Im gettin spark though coil to plugs,gettin gas,everything looks to b doin its job but will not start.Its something simple that im missing or did i lose th ignition at th key ? Also cant remember if there is a fuse inline somewhere that ive forgot. Help!!
I had a similar situation a few months ago. Just died while I was putting around on base. I was getting spark, and still had fuel coming out the squirters but it would not stay running. After much troubleshooting I noticed a crack on my mechanical fuel pump right at the block. The damn thing sheared off right at the block! Never seen a failure like that before. Better still while troubleshooting I disconnected the MSD at the distributor. When I reconnected it, one of the wires pushed out of the connector. No wonder I'm bald...

I had a similar situation a few months ago. Just died while I was putting around on base. I was getting spark, and still had fuel coming out the squirters but it would not stay running. After much troubleshooting I noticed a crack on my mechanical fuel pump right at the block. The damn thing sheared off right at the block! Never seen a failure like that before. Better still while troubleshooting I disconnected the MSD at the distributor. When I reconnected it, one of the wires pushed out of the connector. No wonder I'm bald...
I hear ya brother,these old Dobas can be an electrical nitemare,but as Ricardo Montauban said " Its a good car" an it is !!

That car looks like a bit of a contradiction. The wheels say "Street Racer" but the vinyl top says I'm a cruiser, NOT a bruiser.
Yeah, new wheels will wake up the looks of the car for sure.
Good thing you have it up and running. THank you for posting an update, too. That is helpful to others.

That car looks like a bit of a contradiction. The wheels say "Street Racer" but the vinyl top says I'm a cruiser, NOT a bruiser.
Yeah, new wheels will wake up the looks of the car for sure.
Good thing you have it up and running. THank you for posting an update, too. That is helpful to others.
No problem,an thanks for th help.The vinyl will probly go away an i jus got a unused set of original factory caps ( still in bags ) but depending on th mood im in if theyre on or off,i like th look both ways

Auto Transport Service
Back