• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old guy, long-standing Goldmember.

Welcome from PA!

Sounds like you are the resourceful type and can get a lot of things done - hopefully you get some time to use that resourcefulness on your cars!

BTW, regarding dust on cars: When I restored my 70 Road Runner it was complete for 2 weeks (and darn near perfect) and then I drove it across the USA. Did it get dirty? Chipped? Worn? Yep, you bet it did, and it was the best thing I ever did. So with your Corvette and your GTX - may I humbly suggest you drive them. You'll enjoy the cars much more, and get a chance to get pictures like this:
View attachment 1604050

View attachment 1604051

View attachment 1604052

View attachment 1604053

View attachment 1604054

Good luck with your projects!
Thanks hawk rod. You have a beautiful ride there. I’m hoping to get one of the x’s up and running this summer. My plan is for me and my wife, to travel the US and take in as many car shows as we can. And if the cars don’t get ready, we’ll just use the pick up. I would really love to go to the Carlisle event. I heard so much about it and read so much about it. It would be awesome to meet some of the members that are on this site.

@ywca, you sure seem to be making up for lost time here in catching up with folks you've only read about and haven't interacted with here on FBBO, UNTIL NOW! :thumbsup:
Glad to have you with us and it sounds like you'll make a great addition to have around here with your automotive history.
Congratulations on retirement and welcome from NY!
Thanks plymcrazy looking forward to be active on the forums

Thanks hawk rod. You have a beautiful ride there. I’m hoping to get one of the x’s up and running this summer. My plan is for me and my wife, to travel the US and take in as many car shows as we can. And if the cars don’t get ready, we’ll just use the pick up. I would really love to go to the Carlisle event. I heard so much about it and read so much about it. It would be awesome to meet some of the members that are on this site.
You really should try to make it to Carlisle - it is an awesome show. On top of that, we also have a FBBO tent where we have a great luncheon every year on Saturday. Hope to see you there!

Welcome to our little slice of Paradise... Though it sounds like you've got Paradise covered pretty well.... :thumbsup:... Hard work is good, but slowing down a little to enjoy life is better... Hope you find some time for yourself, selling gravel is fine, just let someone else do most of the work, you've got cars to attend to... And hopefully grandkids to spoil..
Thanks 1 wild RT, it almost looks like you live on this site, over the years going on this site and seeing the people with all the knowledge on the mopar subject made me envy of you guys

Thanks again for all the well wishes, I need someone to help me find my way around the threads, there is stuff on here that I really don’t understand. One of them is insert quotes. What does that mean? The other thing is I thinkI replied to people personally back to them not putting my comments on the welcome waggon thread . remember I’m just learning my way around my laptop. I have a lot of questions but I don’t want to start a thread asking all these silly questions. Maybe if somebody has the time they can, PM, me and help me Find my way. Thanks.

I have a bunch of alerts, but I don’t know what to do, or how to access it can someone go on private conversations and try to explain this to me

Just click on the alert bell icon.
Then click on whichever one you want.

It will say someone;
Liked,
Agreed,
Thanked,
Or disagreed with something you posted.
Or quoted you.
Click on each thing and it will take you right there

What is it actually telling me I must be missing something. Is someone commenting on my post? ,Do I reply?
If you click on the bell once it will show a short list of people's post's either to your post or a thread you have posted it.... If you double click the bell icon it will open a full page showing those posts....

Once you open that page you will see a brief summary of what was posted, in each of those summaries there will be a few words in blue.. If you highlight those blue words and click it will take you to that post...

Auto Transport Service
Back