• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old guy, long-standing Goldmember.

Welcome along Perry....from New Zealand.

Sounds like a very hard-fought career path, but you made it through and did well by the sounds of things. :thumbsup:
Thanks KIWIGTX, I have more projects going on now than I ever had, I just bought another island on Lake Of The Woods, I own 25 acres and it’s a gravel pit, bought a 926 cat loader this summer and I’m hopefully going to sell some gravel. I already have a couple of gravel trucks, backhoe, loader, skid steer, John Deere tree skidder, Three Ford 8n tractors with implements, one of the tractors has Arps half tracks on it. I need to finish the 68 x this summer And hopefully have the 67X going also. I also have a 68 international scout that I purchased in Missouri four years ago it’s in really good shape, but everything needs attention.

Cool story

welcome to FBBO, from NorCal Sierras
after 11+ years you're finally starting to post :thumbsup:
better late then never, you'll learn the in & outs
if you stick around long enough
Thanks budnicks, now that I’m retired and working on my cars. I plan on being here hopefully another 10 years.

Welcome, Perry, love your story of hard work and success. Hope to read of your cars and your enjoyment of a well-deserved retirement !
Thanks WileERobby, I see your name come up quite frequently on the forums, I try to pay attention of who’s who on these forum

Welcome to FBBO from Copenhagen, Ontario, Perry. I would congratulate you on your retirement, but it sounds like you still have a lot of work lined up. Take time to enjoy your Mopars.

Welcome to our little slice of Paradise... Though it sounds like you've got Paradise covered pretty well.... :thumbsup:... Hard work is good, but slowing down a little to enjoy life is better... Hope you find some time for yourself, selling gravel is fine, just let someone else do most of the work, you've got cars to attend to... And hopefully grandkids to spoil..

Thanks WileERobby, I see your name come up quite frequently on the forums, I try to pay attention of who’s who on these forum
I'd also like to commend at your age your goldmember to be long-standing. Please try not to be boastful.

Great story and history you have, plus the sweet cars you have. Thanks for sharing and look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks, Moparedtn, I’ve been following the threads for a long time and your name comes up quite a bit. I hope to get more involved in the forum as I go along. Thanks. Perry.
Thanky kindly sir. I'd take some of that gravel of yours if we could - I have a quarter mile long drive I need to re-skin
as a result of winter, so it'd come in handy. :)
By the way, I ain't nobody - I'm just "Ed". :thumbsup:

Welcome from Alabama, great story and projects. Time to enjoy them.

Thanky kindly sir. I'd take some of that gravel of yours if we could - I have a quarter mile long drive I need to re-skin
as a result of winter, so it'd come in handy. :)
By the way, I ain't nobody - I'm just "Ed". :thumbsup:
Thanks Ed, I live a mile off the highway on a road that I built to get to where I am on the lake. I have to maintain that road and it’s all granite and hills. It’s a bitch to work on. I have three different plough trucks to maintain it in the winter, one being a 5 ton international with a 12 foot blade and a wing, these are the ones that you would see back up in Canada ploughing the highways . every three or four years have to lay down a bunch of gravel on the road because the hills ,it all gets washed out, I would take the skid steer or the loader, and bring all the material back up. Then I have a 8n tractor with an old grater pull behind that I would smooth it all out. I have a 1981 Corvette black on black 4 speed that I have put 200 miles on in four years. I don’t wanna drive it down my road because of the dust, I have to wait till there’s dew on the road to keep the dust down, if not by the time I get to the end of the road it’s a gray then I have to wash it and polish it. I apologize for carrying on. It’s that ADHD in me yeah

Welcome from NY.

I'd like to take a trip to the lake of the woods
I hear you. I've been self employed for the last 21 years. It's been alot of work. But, now I'm at a point where I can enjoy the fruits of all my labor.
Hi Dan, I see you’re in Hawaii awesome. I was there couple of times back in the 80s stayed on Maui loved it. sorry to hear what happened on Maui and Lahaina, that’s where we actually stayed in a condo. we sold our island resort in May, and I bought another island with just a cabin on it not too far down the lake. We plan on renting it out, and anybody on for the bodies only I will give them a special rate, and maybe we can also do a trade, help me with my Xs for three or four days and then go fishing and stay at my cabin for three or four days, whatever works I’m easy to get along with. I also kept three boats from the camp, they have bow mount Trolling Motor Livewell, casting platform 40 hp 4 stroke Yamahas, all you have to do is get here ,hour and a half from international Falls Minnesota. Thanks, Perry.

Welcome from Alabama, great story and projects. Time to enjoy them.
Thanks,jerry I see your name pop up a lot on this site, I can tell you’re well versed on your mopars. someone mentioned that I was a member for 11 years yet I never posted anything ,the reason being. Is that my business took up 99% of my time. From May to October I ran my fishing resort which was an American plan meaning they had their own private cabin ,we fed our guests three home cooked meals A day ,gave them a boat and a Guide and they went fishing. We worked a minimum of 16 hours a day seven days a week without a sleep day for 90+ days . November and December I was repairing equipment and ploughing snow .January February and March. We were travelling the US doing trade shows. now that I am semi retired I plan on getting on my car projects. Thanks, perry

Thanks Ed, I live a mile off the highway on a road that I built to get to where I am on the lake. I have to maintain that road and it’s all granite and hills. It’s a bitch to work on. I have three different plough trucks to maintain it in the winter, one being a 5 ton international with a 12 foot blade and a wing, these are the ones that you would see back up in Canada ploughing the highways . every three or four years have to lay down a bunch of gravel on the road because the hills ,it all gets washed out, I would take the skid steer or the loader, and bring all the material back up. Then I have a 8n tractor with an old grater pull behind that I would smooth it all out. I have a 1981 Corvette black on black 4 speed that I have put 200 miles on in four years. I don’t wanna drive it down my road because of the dust, I have to wait till there’s dew on the road to keep the dust down, if not by the time I get to the end of the road it’s a gray then I have to wash it and polish it. I apologize for carrying on. It’s that ADHD in me yeah
Heck, don't worry about "carrying on" - I tend to do that on here fairly frequently too.
Some like it, others ignore it. I do it as a sort of journal/mental exercise, really - while memories
are still retrievable from this crusty old mind. :)

As far as this road goes, I have the same issues with washout - and my only equipment is my
trusty 20+ year old MF compact diesel 4x4 tractor (made by Iseki). Tough little bugger, just big enough
to operate bush hogs and finish mowers and such - and a box blade and grader blades for the road.
I am well familiar with the 8N Ford, however - my dad had one I fixed up and kept in service for him
until it became obvious he was going to wind up on his head one day on it on a steeper slope....
My only regret was not getting the front end loader hydro for mine, didn't think I needed it at the time.
So...for the last 25 years, the Trent Lane Highway department consists of one half-decomposed employee
and a willing but aging Japanese tractor wearing a faded red M-F paint job. :thumbsup:

Welcome from PA!

Sounds like you are the resourceful type and can get a lot of things done - hopefully you get some time to use that resourcefulness on your cars!

BTW, regarding dust on cars: When I restored my 70 Road Runner it was complete for 2 weeks (and darn near perfect) and then I drove it across the USA. Did it get dirty? Chipped? Worn? Yep, you bet it did, and it was the best thing I ever did. So with your Corvette and your GTX - may I humbly suggest you drive them. You'll enjoy the cars much more, and get a chance to get pictures like this:
D12_DSC_0107.JPG

D18_DSC_0001.JPG

D22_DSC_0027.JPG

D22_DSC_0073.JPG

D26_DSC_0171.JPG

Good luck with your projects!

Last edited:
Welcome from another '67 GTX owner in Southern CA.
Good luck with your project, hope all goes well for you.
Great backstory too.
You'll be drivin' and shiftin' soon !!

@ywca, you sure seem to be making up for lost time here in catching up with folks you've only read about and haven't interacted with here on FBBO, UNTIL NOW! :thumbsup:
Glad to have you with us and it sounds like you'll make a great addition to have around here with your automotive history.
Congratulations on retirement and welcome from NY!

Welcome from PA!

Sounds like you are the resourceful type and can get a lot of things done - hopefully you get some time to use that resourcefulness on your cars!

BTW, regarding dust on cars: When I restored my 70 Road Runner it was complete for 2 weeks (and darn near perfect) and then I drove it across the USA. Did it get dirty? Chipped? Worn? Yep, you bet it did, and it was the best thing I ever did. So with your Corvette and your GTX - may I humbly suggest you drive them. You'll enjoy the cars much more, and get a chance to get pictures like this:
View attachment 1604050

View attachment 1604051

View attachment 1604052

View attachment 1604053

View attachment 1604054

Good luck wit your projects!
Hawk 100% gets it... My road tripping history isn't quite as epic but within two weeks of finishing my car I did do a 1200 mile round trip to Vegas..... And since then I've put 100K miles on the car...

2Wild.jpg
small 2.jpg

@ywca, you sure seem to be making up for lost time here in catching up with folks you've only read about and haven't interacted with here on FBBO, UNTIL NOW! :thumbsup:
Glad to have you with us and it sounds like you'll make a great addition to have around here with your automotive history.
Congratulations on retirement and welcome from NY!

agree....... we always have room for another quality member

Auto Transport Service
Back