• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old guy with a question

Then there's this....

thumbnail_IMG_8409.jpg

So maybe when Hagerty hires someone who knows what an R/T is vs a base model the value will go up... With a GTX theres no mistaking a Belvedere or a Satellite for a GTX so they have a better grasp...

Maybe a little more info on Hagerty valuation is in order.. A good friend with a very nice 69 Coronet R/T was looking into changing over from his old insurance to Hagerty... I'd told him repeatedly if he ever had a claim he'd wish he had collector type insurance on his fleet of old cars...

They were obviously happy to quote him on his cars but strangely they did something I'd never seen before.. They had no questions about the value of his Challenger, his Cuda, his Dart...... But the felt his Coronet wasn't worth what he felt it was worth..

70 Challenger currently a 440-6/727 in FJ6 Originally a 318/904 They were ok with 55K
70 Cuda currently a 440-4/A833 originally a /6-3spd They were ok with 55K
65 Dart currently and originally a 273-4/904 They were ok with 27K

69 Coronet R/T all numbers & date codes matching 440-4 4spd N96 Super Track Pack He wanted 55K... They said no 23K..

He went elsewhere...

Prior to this I'd never seen them not accept a customer's value as long as the customer was paying the premium...

But this was just about the time they were bought out and they are no longer a small privately owned company..

Thanks, good to know. This one is the real deal R/T with the charger dash.
If I was a buyer, I'd pay a premium for that. I MUCH prefer the Rallye dash.

Auto Transport Service
Back