• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old guy with a question

nsxbill

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
Hi Kids,

I'm 76 years old and I actually had a 1968 Coronet R/T way back when I was discharged after the Vietnam War. around 1970 I believe. I loved that car then and I have one now that i love
I'm looking to sell it and am asking for opinions as to what it is worth.

It's a solid southwest car in Nevada and Arizona most of its life, with no rust all solid throughout.
Drivetrain rebuilt then put into storage for ten years. I resurrected it a few years ago and had it all restored to showroom condition and it drives very strong.
Professional body and paint, new interior everything looking good for a 60-year-old car. The engine compartment is nothing fancy but clean.
Heavy duty A/C since I live in Arizona. It's not rotisserie restored and could still use a little odds and ends help to make it great.
Thinking of Barrett Jackson next year but don't know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, back in my day, I dragged all the bad boy cars and the only one that gave me trouble was 1966 396 Chevell. Took out Mustangs, GTOs, Roadrunners and to my surprise, even a 427 Corvette, No BS!

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

Nice looking car. Unfortunately, the non-original color is going to hurt the price.

The mods don’t like “what’s it worth” threads and don’t be surprised when this thread vanishes.

Nice looking car! I like that bolder yellow better than the available ‘68 yellow. Nice stance as well. :thumbsup:

Welcome from CT. You sure you want to sell, really sure. Been hem'n and haw'n myself. What am I going to drive a pile of money. 74 yrs

What motor and trans?

Does it have a fender tag?

Good luck

Looks like a nice car :thumbsup:
Since most here don't know the car,
&/or you've only posted only 9 messages in 10 years time...

A bunch more detailed photos'
& #s clarifications, photos of vin & fender tags
not just for people take your word for it, actual proof
photos of the;
interior, the underside, in the trunk, under the sail panel,
bottom of the doors, where rubber is on the glass etc.
around both the front windshield & back window/windshield,
bottom back of the front fenders
& around upper rear wheel openings,
the ridges above & behind the rear openings
where water or leaves or dirt/junk all could gather
inside too if possible
where rust is in these cars
even in some dryer western state
if you want an honest assessment of 'its perceived & true value'
it's subjective at best too
IMO, its gonna vary from state to state too
And you gotta' remember 1/2 these guys are potential buyers
(or purists) so it will be lower or vary vastly :poke:
A list of mods & parts used...

Not all of US are #s matching numbers hunters, but more info the better...

It's a tough here crowd too, don't get offended easily
especially on a phishing expedition, for value...

Last edited:
Suggest you put it in the for sale section with an aggressive price. Look at what the dealers are asking online for comparable b bodies to get a starting point. The response will give you an indicator.

Auto Transport Service
Back