• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old MoPars Spotted In The Junkyard

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
A few Mopars we spotted while yarding today....

20201205_121629.jpg 20201205_120346.jpg 20201205_115903.jpg 20201205_113537.jpg 20201205_111342.jpg 20201205_111801.jpg 20201205_110908.jpg

I had a '76 Dart Sport like the one in the last picture....

DS 5.jpg

You are lucky to have yards with old Mopar's to go check out. Not much left here. In the 70/80's it was fun to go yarding.

Earlier this year (right before the whole Covid thing) I went to an old timers scrapyard for parts. Well into his 80s he just told me to go wander. I came back with a couple of parts. He just gave them to me. I took a couple of pics.
674560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AmHFu-GjVS8AX-KNgat&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

Check out the faded drag race painting on this old Dodge van. It must have been someone's tow vehicle.

827968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=-_SMPpBJE2EAX9qF6iD&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

I wanted to go back but then Covid hit and haven't been back since.

You are lucky to have yards with old Mopar's to go check out. Not much left here. In the 70/80's it was fun to go yarding.
Definitely....finally found a restorable original points type voltage reg. I just needed it for the full-wrap style housing and to make custom stamps to duplicate the original warning and part # fonts. For $2 I'm happy.

Definitely....finally found a restorable original points type voltage reg. I just needed it for the full-wrap style housing and to make custom stamps to duplicate the original warning and part # fonts. For $2 I'm happy.

I have a set of those on the way. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Dam I havent seen a real junkyard in 20 years,wish one was near me.

Pretty nice old yard. We got a few also.

That is my kind of "fun" to go to yarding.. we have a few here in the area,
with some decent parts.

I had a '76 Dart Sport like the one in the last picture....

View attachment 1036082
Kern Dog,
Did yours have bucket seats, a shifter knob that would hold an open can and beer perfectly when a coaster was put over the sliding ash tray, and a fold down rear seat that also had a drop panel that opened into the truck for extra room for ah ah let us say "sleeping"? Man that was a fun car!

Mine was a bench seat, column shift 318-904 with a sunroof. It was the highest optioned A body car that I have ever owned. Plaid cloth interior, A/C, PS, PB, Rallye wheels, stripes, vinyl roof, light group.

Earlier this year (right before the whole Covid thing) I went to an old timers scrapyard for parts. Well into his 80s he just told me to go wander. I came back with a couple of parts. He just gave them to me. I took a couple of pics.
View attachment 1036095

I wanted to go back but then Covid hit and haven't been back since.

Is that 1960 Dodge Seneca 4-dr sedan still in the yard ?
@Timmayy - if you go back to the yard, I'd be interested in the body molding from the front door and the small spear on the passenger side

Is that 1960 Dodge Seneca 4-dr sedan still in the yard ?
@Timmayy - if you go back to the yard, I'd be interested in the body molding from the front door and the small spear on the passenger side
When Covid finally stops I can check for you. He's not allowing anyone to be around.

I use to go junk yarding years ago when I was young just to go through rows of just Mopar muscle. Back then, I took better cars to the junk yard than most people buy now. Sad and I feel bad about it, thinking back on it now.

I use to go junk yarding years ago when I was young just to go through rows of just Mopar muscle. Back then, I took better cars to the junk yard than most people buy now. Sad and I feel bad about it, thinking back on it now.
After going to the same yard for 25+ years you see eras come and go. That place used to have loads of Lasers and Daytonas now you're lucky to see even one. Now there's Neons and PT's galore.

I remember the days of just walking through finding whatever I could find, trucks especially. I built a lot of trucks when I was younger. 72-80, 81-93 dodges and 70s and one 62 IH trucks. I loved the cars too but was really into trucks. Did one 53 Hudson with my dad that I bought for him for Father’s Day, 1987. I found it at about two in the morning at about eighty miles an hour coming home from the bar. Thank God I didn’t drink! I saw the roofline and knew it right away. I hit the brakes spun around and it was for sale. Went the next day with my buddy to look at it, it didn’t have 2 square feet of rust on it total. Bought it and drove it over to his house on the mechanical back up brakes off the main pedal, the hydraulic brake system was shot. Needless to say he was shocked. We restored it, I traded a friend of mine who was an excellent paint and body guy to take care of that for a lot of work on his house. Sorry rambling, needless to say we didn’t find any parts for it in any wrecking yards. Luckily we were able to find stuff through Hemings. I will say, my dad was my best friend and I was proud to do that for him and with him!

Here are pics from a junkyard I went to about 12 years ago. The owner was scrapping everything and this was a last chance for people to get what they needed before everything was crushed. I think the new owner was selling the land for development. I loaded up my truck with parts. Wasn't cheap though. If this was today I would have bought a few of them and dragged them home.
upload_2020-12-8_15-22-7.png

upload_2020-12-8_15-22-35.png

upload_2020-12-8_15-23-9.png

upload_2020-12-8_15-23-39.png

Here are more pics I found. I wonder how many of these cars got saved. Probably not many.

2007_0413junkyard4140016.jpg

2007_0413junkyard4140004.jpg

2007_0413junkyard4140030.jpg

2007_0413junkyard4140028.jpg

I have a set of those on the way. I'll let you know how they turn out.
I have my stamps on the way as well. BTW according to Galen Govier 62-67 should be red ink while 68-69 gets yellow.

I miss being able to go through yards like that.

Auto Transport Service
Back