• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old school looking tires that grip

Avons website says "not available in your country".
Maybe for a different tire? Or did you go to Canada for them?

(I have no idea why this post is in italics)

There are 2 places in the US that sell them. Sasco sports in Va (where I got them) and Roger Kraus racing.

They are popular with the vintage/replica Cobra guys that run the same size.

Are the repro recall wheels available new anywhere? I heard they were disco-ed, just like the real ones.

Specialty wheel made the repro recalls for a while but they have been out of business for some time.

I had these made by Curtis Speed in California.

I LOVE THIS FORUM.

I think the Avons have everything I've been searching for. Except for the name. Really. Why would you chose a name that sounds like face cream?

Is there by any chance a place that sells the 245 & 295 within the EU, so I don't have to go through customs?

Longstone tires in UK?

California perfume company changed it's name to Avon in 1939, or some 3 and half decades after Avon tires existed.

well my bfg t/a drag radials look kind of old time and hook well on the street and freeway them as well . played with tire pressures and i could run the same times that the car did on slicks .

Fury.png

Longstone tires in UK?

California perfume company changed it's name to Avon in 1939, or some 3 and half decades after Avon tires existed.
I know it's very shallow of me to pick on the company's name, but I can't stop myself :)

Since the Brits opted out of the EU, I have to go through customs for anything I buy from there. It's not only the money, it's the red tape. Before brexit, I would buy stuff from Britain on a weekly basis. Since they decided to leave, I bought zero items, and zero it will remain as long as customs are in place.

Are there any shops in mainland Europe that you're aware of?

Jokes about the name aside, really these are the answer to my prairs.

Did you buy them from Diamondback, or did you send them a set, and they added the red pinstripe?

Buying from the US is easier because I have a forwarding company that handles the customs bs.

Last edited:
I bought them from Sasco and they sent them directly to Diamondback for me. They usually have your sizes in stock (same as I'm running)

Didn't realize you were a vampire Matt, sorry.
Avon's website says not available in this country, but Intimid8 proved that false.
I still would hit Avons site, and look for a dealer network, or a phone number to talk to a human.

Didn't realize you were a vampire Matt, sorry.
Avon's website says not available in this country, but Intimid8 proved that false.
I still would hit Avons site, and look for a dealer network, or a phone number to talk to a human.
I always felt greatly missunderstood. I mean I really don't like that people think that if I see a human on the street, I just have to suck his blood... I mean when you see a beautiful girl walking past, you instantly drop what you're doing, and f*** her? I really believe I am a very nice and friendly guy, once you get to know me.

I have found dealers in Europe, closest one is in Hungary, so I'll shoot them an email, or ask my wife to speak to them about the availability.

Unfortunately, I have read the news that Avon will be closing down end of 2023... Intimid8, do you know more? It would be cruel to have this happen just as I found my perfect tire

By the way, wife and I had Fred out last Friday evening and took the twisties out to the country for
dinner at a small diner out in the sticks.

Back in the day "twisties" were know as :fool:

Guess you're never too old.

BTW nice avatar :thumbsup: (Guy looks familiar)

How many of you were 16 back in the 60's?
I was. First car was a 55 chevy DelRey, that my folks bought new in 54. I still have it. First fast car was a 57 chevy, with a fuelie 327, and a four speed. But I didn't get that one till the early 70's.

Auto Transport Service
Back