• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One of my neighbors made this cool video of Garden of the Gods.

SteveSS

Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
For those that have visited Colorado Springs, I'm sure you've been to The Garden Of The Gods.

Some 75 million years ago this area was a sandy beach. Then came the Laramie Orogeny and it fractured and tilted the sandstone vertically. This is the west side of Colorado Springs and it is a free city-owned park called The Garden Of The Gods. He made a cool video of the area.

Can you walk around there? That would be a nice place to see in person.

Yes, you can hike numerous trails or drive through the park and just get out at the areas you choose. That balanced rock is popular. If you want you can try climbing one of the walls. That's our "Big Daddy" Pikes Peak in the background.

Ideas for your Garden Experience:
For the photographer, there's the most spectacular scenery in Colorado Springs. You can take great photos of Gateway and Balanced Rocks from their respective parking lots. Or, try the Siamese Twins trail for a unique view of Pikes Peak framed by a beautiful rock formation.

For active folks, there are miles of trails to explore. Start at the main parking lot for easy, concrete foot paths through the heart of the red rock formations. From the South Garden parking lot there are approximately 5 miles of trails for mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding. In addition, all one-way roads in the park have paved bike lanes.

If you like a more personal touch, you can enjoy free naturalist-led walks, daily 10:30 a.m., that present fascinating lore about wildflowers, rattlesnakes, gold-seekers and many other topics. Guided walks are $5, and reservations are required. Call the Visitor and Nature Center at (719) 219-0108 for reservations and a schedule of additional walks led by City of Colorado Springs interpreters. Special programs are offered year-round and some may require a reservation. School Programs are offered during the school year and Junior Ranger Programs are available as well.

Garden of the Gods Nature Presentations also take place on a daily basis at the Visitor Center. They are free, last about 30 minutes, and explore a wide variety of topics, including the geology, ecology, wildlife and the cultural history of the Park. For more information call (719) 219-0108.

Technical climbing is permitted on established routes inside the park.

Last edited:
It’s a beautiful park....

6BD62D34-F21B-4A1A-BC19-ECBEA8908FB4.jpeg

I've been through there and it is very cool.

Once things get better. Its on my list. Sooner than later.
We were at Bryce canyon and Zion I knew I should of turned left prior to Bryce. The back roads are so long. A day goes by fast.

Man, I love Colorado. Wish I could afford to move back there. Property has gone through the roof in the last few years.

Auto Transport Service
Back