• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OneGauge Digital Gauges Installed

cwirth7

Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
Hey all -

I know some of you folks won't be interested in this thread, but if so, I hope this might be an option for you.

Being on the younger end of the site here, I am both a digital and analog type of person. I love the analog simplicity of these cars, but I enjoy the accuracy of new digital-based tools and accessories.

Long story short, my newer-to-me 66 Charger has a complete instrument cluster, but only the temp and fuel gauges worked properly. As of now, I don't have the cash to get my cluster restored and gauges recalibrated. I wanted to find a solution to monitor my gauges until I save up enough to send my cluster away, and to have real-time diagnostic capabilities of this 50+ year old engine.

I searched the internet and came across a company that makes digital gauge solutions for ANY vehicle called OneGauge. The way that it works is that there is a brain box with a programmed Arduino board (think of a Raspberry Pi type setup) that takes analog signals from sensors and converts them to digital readings. Its kind of like OBD on a newer vehicle. The brain box then sends these readings by bluetooth to a device like a phone or tablet or they have custom displays that they can configure based on your need.

The configuration that I chose used four sensors: fuel, volts, coolant temp and oil pressure. For fuel, I just needed to let the owner know the ohm readings of my sender and he programmed the system to read that. Then the fuel wire is attached directly to fuel tank sender. Coolant temp and oil pressure use standard senders and the volts are read directly from the power to the system. The temp and oil pressure senders were included with my package. There are many other senders you can can configure based on your need. Installation took me about an hour with running power, ground and hooking up sensors. I mounted my box near the front of the engine bay. They have multiple boxes to choose from.

IMG_20200325_164302.jpg

IMG_20200325_164346.jpg

The way my install works is that the settings are sent to an Asus 8" tablet that I purchased that has GPS built in. This is so that I can have a speedometer gauge as well. You can also have the system configured to read RPM if you want that as well. I already had a tach, so I didn't need it.

An app called Torque Pro is the dashboard that I use to display the gauges. This is an Android app that you can fully customize any way that you want. I picked the gauges to be displayed based on the readings from the OneGauge system.
IMG_20200325_165322.jpg

View attachment 931728
IMG_20200325_165407.jpg

I used a magnetic mount that I picked up on Amazon to mount the tablet under the dash. No holes and no damage. The tablet has tabs on the back that secure to the magnet mount. I can remove it and put it away in the glove box or in for the night to charge. I also charge it via the cigarette lighter and USB cord.
IMG_20200325_164818.jpg
IMG_20200325_164837.jpg

If this is something that could help you, check out https://www.theonegauge.com/ and take a look at their products. Michael, the owner, will make sure that you get everything you need and tests and checks every system to make sure it all works perfectly. I can say that I really enjoy this setup and am a big fan of this product. IMG_20200325_165402.jpg

Last edited:
I use Torque Pro on my phone with my daily driver. I have a WiFi ODBII reader and it's very adaptable/user friendly. Lots of available dashboard options available for download and the app is fully customizable.

Nice work.

Auto Transport Service
Back