• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oops!

I couldn't imagine putting, not 30 gal., but 225 gal. in my Cummins. :(

20190920_183607.jpg

At least it wasn't the other way around, putting gas in a diesel engine. That causes some real damage!

Had a guy at work useing the company Ford pickup. We saw him pull in when he got back and smoke was pouring out the tailpipe. After asking him questions about what he did we found out he had stopped and filled the diesel pickup with gas. He stated that the price per gal was the cheapest he had seen in awhile. Well that cost the company over $2500 to fix everything. :rolleyes:

I remember a guy put Diesel in a Ford Station Wagon that should have got gas. It smoked like an airplane duster.

I drive allot and part of my entertainment is judging rigs as I blow by at 90.
Yours would make me slow down and study it closer IB. Nice...nice.
Depending on where we are, you might not need to slow down to admire my truck. :lol:

I worked for a builder that was doing a development. One of the occupied houses had a 16 year old who we suspected was stealing gas out of the backhoe. So one day we told everyone not to use the backhoe until further notice. The tank was already empty so we put five gallons of diesel in it.

The next morning it was empty again. Saw the boy getting in his car to leave so we dropped what we were doing and followed him down the road. About three miles and she started smoking. It got really bad until it finally quit and he pulled off to the side of the road. We stopped and acted like we were going to help. Lifted his hood, removed the air cleaner and told him it smells like diesel fuel. The look on his face was priceless!

We gave him a ride back to his house and told his parents what had been taking place and what we did. All I know is that car set in their driveway for a long time after that.

I worked for a builder that was doing a development. One of the occupied houses had a 16 year old who we suspected was stealing gas out of the backhoe. So one day we told everyone not to use the backhoe until further notice. The tank was already empty so we put five gallons of diesel in it.

The next morning it was empty again. Saw the boy getting in his car to leave so we dropped what we were doing and followed him down the road. About three miles and she started smoking. It got really bad until it finally quit and he pulled off to the side of the road. We stopped and acted like we were going to help. Lifted his hood, removed the air cleaner and told him it smells like diesel fuel. The look on his face was priceless!

We gave him a ride back to his house and told his parents what had been taking place and what we did. All I know is that car set in their driveway for a long time after that.
I probably shouldn't admit this on the internet, but I siphoned quite a lot of gas as a teenager. Kept my Mopar moving even when I was short of cash.
PS I'm probably going to Hell for a LOT more than siphoning gas. :lol:

I probably shouldn't admit this on the internet, but I siphoned quite a lot of gas as a teenager. Kept my Mopar moving even when I was short of cash.

We use to call it a "Chinese Credit Card" (piece of hose") Don't know how it ever got it's name?

Lol, c’mon,, way back when, that 30gal was in each tank when it really got chilly. Worked like a charm.(better than freezing in a cold cab, waiting for help).
Today's diesel engines cry the blues if you get a tablespoon of water. I couldn't imagine 30 gals. of gasoline.

Gotta do whatever when only #2 is in the tanks!!

Wonder how much premium that holley blue in the trunk with 20 ft of hose put in the tank:rofl:

Asking for a friend of course:jackoff:

We had a guy at work that would stop at a gas station when he left the yard and put 5 gallons of gas to the 80 gallons of diesel . I followed him down the road one morning in the dark the truck was shooting blue flames out of the stacks had no effect on the trucks engine .

Depending on where we are, you might not need to slow down to admire my truck. :lol:
Good to know there are some of you out there that know where the hammer is.
I deplore getting behind these large corporate trucks that are governed down and think they can pass another large corporate governed down truck on a hill. :mad:

Good to know there are some of you out there that know where the hammer is.
I deplore getting behind these large corporate trucks that are governed down and think they can pass another large corporate governed down truck on a hill. :mad:
That drives me bat **** crazy that all company trucks are governed at 65mph. According to my computer, I top out at 124mph. I have her governed at 98mph. When I am out west and the speed limit is 85, I will set the cruise at 89 and roll.

Auto Transport Service
Back