• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Operation: Back To The Street!!!

mark42202

Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
So my 64 Fury had been my race car for several years, then I decided to turn it back into a street car and build another car for racing. Basically, I put street tires on it, hooked all the lights back up, put mufflers on it, cut the cage out, and drove it like that. Well, my Coronet that I'm turning into the race car came with a brand new interior (which is compatible with the Fury), so we decided to swap it in, and I CANNOT say how much difference a new headliner, door panels, seats, and carpet makes!!! Here are some before and after pics... enjoy!!

Before:
ply_001.gif

ply_008.gif

ply_007.gif

ply_009.gif

....and after!!:
100_1711.gif

100_1713.gif

100_1717.gif

100_1719.gif

100_1725.gif

100_1722.gif

100_1726.gif

After all these years,does it feel strange to get in the car without the bar:bootyshake:??

After all these years,does it feel strange to get in the car without the bar:bootyshake:??

LMAO, actually it feels great to be able to just slide in. It is a little strange not having to climb over anything, but cruising is much more comfortable... besides, once the Coronet is done it will be like climbing through a jungle gym, lol.

And thanks for the compliments, guys. A LOT of pride in doing it ourselves (me and my Dad), and making memories that will last forever (i.e., me cussing up a storm and him laughing at me, lol). We're extremely happy with how it turned out, especially since neither of us had ever really messed with interior work before.

Looks great but I would be happy with what you removed..still have it???

I toyed with removing my roll cage when I did my interior last year but I just couldn't get myself to do it. My drivers side bar was already on a hinge so I did go ahead and put the passenger side on a hinge too.
I like your seat covers. I'll bet they are a lot more comfortable than vinyl.

Ha,ha....nah, hopefully I will be talking with the guy that well be doing mine this week and I picked these up to finish off your (my) front seat!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 242
Auto Transport Service
Back