• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion and advice on my 1968 GTX

Nice Barracuda by the way. I had a 68 340 S coupe back in the 80's that was originally yellow but was green when I got it. With all the dark green MoPars I saw over the years it's hard to believe someone went out of their way to make another one!!

after lots of thought and advice, I have taken the car apart, media blasted, and sent it to the body shop, metal has been removed, to get into all the rails , sand blast, then new metal will be raplace!!Taking the car apart was fun with no surprises other than more rust than we thought!

Attachments

• GTX 128.jpg
    GTX 128.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 245
  • GTX 135.jpg
    GTX 135.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 245
  • GTX 133.jpg
    GTX 133.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 251
  • GTX 130.jpg
    GTX 130.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 248
the quarters were braised on in the 70's and are mopar (still avail then) they are very nice so we will leave those on, heres a few more pics

Attachments

• GTX 137.jpg
    GTX 137.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 236
  • GTX 134.jpg
    GTX 134.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 256
  • GTX 131.jpg
    GTX 131.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 231
heres a little more progress. new inner fenders, floors, shock cross brace, trunk floor, and extensions....

Attachments

• GTX 002.jpg
    GTX 002.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 231
  • GTX 003.jpg
    GTX 003.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 213
  • GTX 004.jpg
    GTX 004.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 214
  • GTX 007.jpg
    GTX 007.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 212
  • GTX 005.jpg
    GTX 005.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 218
WOW!!!!!!!!!You have alot goin' on!! My back and arms hurt from seeing those great pic's:munky2:The cuda looks like it was in much better condition than the "X" from the start.Nice to see you doin' it right:eek:ccasion14::yes::notworthy::notworthy::

Yes the Barracuda was in much better shape and it's a Canadian Car!!! The X wasn't that bad I just donn't want any little flaws or repairs so I went with "replace what's not perfect" theory , I will have more pics of the Barracuda in a week it close to paint now!! I want to take it to Moparfest this year!! Can't wait....X will be next year , once the metal and paint is done "july-ish" I will spend the winter putting it back together and sell the Barracuda in the fall to fund it ...or maybe the race car?? LOL

I alos recommend Jeff at 521 restorations! I've done business with him and he's a GREAT guy!

lots of updates but no pics , metal work is done , and started on body work!! good thing the panel ar good , but there is always lots of straightening and sanding!! I will post pics soon ....Barracuda came back today ....now reassemble time ...will post pics of that soon too!
Cheeers!

Auto Transport Service
Back