• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions: 440 - Street Build '72 RR/GTX

Build by stages. I bought a 69 new port 440 out of the junkyard for my 68 x. I
Lucked out there, it was low miles and a good starting point, and all I did was put an aluminum intake, and magnum manifolds on, ran it for a bit, had some fun. Then put 440 source heads on, ran it for a bit. Rear main seal started leaking so I pulled it out, and put a lunati 703 voodo cam and headers on it. I haven’t been able to put too many miles on it, but so far I’m very happy with it. I’m able to run 87 octane, it idles great, good vacuum for breaks, good city manners, and it’s got plenty of power for any fun you want to have. All around good street engine:thumbsup:

I was hoping for some assistance from the group. I have a '72 RR/GTX with non-numbers matching 440 engine. I would like to have the engine rebuilt next fall/winter and am starting the data collecting process of what I would like to do. All of this is very new to me so any help is appreciated. I am looking for a good quality street build and would like to be in the 425-450hp range with 500+ft/lb of torque. I would like the car to run on pump gas which the max local to me is 91 octane. Outside of adding TTi headers I am open to any options.

Current engine bay pics added for fun.

Thanks for your advice.

View attachment 1537198

View attachment 1537199

View attachment 1537200
How much do you want for ?

Auto Transport Service
Back