• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on rims

pabster

Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Howdy all!

It's been a long time since I've posted to the site... too busy cruising the Charger in the CA sun to sit in front of a computer! Anyway, the Holidays are upon us and I'm thinking of buying new wheels for my '74. It's all stock, a real survivor, and I like the stock hubcaps but some new shoes would kick it up a notch. Any ideas on what y'all think would look great (with pictures) would be much appreciated. Attached is a pic of the green monster with the stock rims.

Happy holidays, thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 303
personally...i think magnum 500's are the nicest wheel going. you could put them on an EDSEL, and they would look good! ya cant go wrong

We are doing a 73 charger now my choice of wheels are steeleys painted body color with dog dish caps and white letters,or rallys,or magnums all look great on chargers 15x8 front,15x10 rear my opinion.

Attachments

• dog dish.jpg
    dog dish.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 266
  • rallies.jpg
    rallies.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 255
  • magnums.jpg
    magnums.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 256
I like the steeleys painted body color, but my son don't it's his car he's going with rallys.

I wouldn't touch it. I think it looks fantastic as is.

Thanks for the replies, everybody. The stock rims are sweet, and I don't see them around that often, but I really dig the Magnums. Keep the pictures coming!

Yup, keep those rims! I like them much different then the Crager S/S, and Torque Thrust D look.

Mike

Those cars need some wheel to fill the wells so I'd go with the widest 15" period correct aftermarket wheels you can fit. Slot mags, Keystones, Cragar, Torque thrust TTO, etc... Short of that I'd go with the aforementioned road wheels, either the Kelsey Hayes or the 10 hole.

Auto Transport Service
Back