• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions please

So, I'm in my garage blocking out my hood and watching the Mecum Auction Live.
A Blue 69 Roadrunner just went for 28k. Jump in and drive it away! (in the rain today!)
Shaumburg is being relentless to these guys! Get some money and get here fast! You can
buy a car that's done for chump change. Forget the rust buckets!
Did you see the red 70 Charger R/T 440 that went for 41k ? Extremely nice

I’d tell him, I’ll take it for 22k if everything checks out. If it doesn’t, you are only out a days trip and few hundred in gas. If he doesn’t accept, forget about it. You have to look at it. These cars are extremely rare anymore, other than the ones that have been restored. I think he might take the deal, based on his and your circumstances. Let’s just say, the car ends up being very good, minus the crossmember. That’s a excellent deal. If he were to accept. Ask for a very good video before you leave of closeups, running, etc.
I was in the exact same boat as you. I was apprehensive on all of the same circumstances. There were a couple small things making me second guess. Plus, I’m not made of money, lol ! It turned out, I’m beyond happy with my result. I’ve owned mine for a year now and put 3k miles on it and couldn’t be happier. I had to travel far, price was very high, couple things concerned me, etc. Turned out my car ended up being a lot nicer and in better condition than I anticipated. The seller, started my car up and I made up my mind in 3 seconds, lol ! But, there were several minor things I fixed and expected. You have to gamble sometimes to get what you want in life. Just take as many precautions as you can to protect yourself. Talk to the guy on phone and feel it out a lot better. It might be a rust bucket, it might not be. Ask for slow close up videos under car before you leave. A lot of good people on here that will help you from making a mistake or help you land the right one. These cars hold value.

Last edited:
I’d tell him, I’ll take it for 22k if everything checks out. If it doesn’t, you are only out a days trip and few hundred in gas. If he doesn’t accept, forget about it. You have to look at it. These cars are extremely rare anymore, other than the ones that have been restored. I think he might take the deal, based on his and your circumstances. Let’s just say, the car ends up being very good, minus the crossmember. That’s a excellent deal. If he were to accept. Ask for a very good video before you leave of closeups, running, etc.
I was in the exact same boat as you. I was apprehensive on all of the same circumstances. There were a couple small things making me second guess. Plus, I’m not made of money, lol ! It turned out, I’m beyond happy with my result. I’ve owned mine for a year now and put 3k miles on it and couldn’t be happier. I had to travel far, price was very high, couple things concerned me, etc. Turned out my car ended up being a lot nicer and in better condition than I anticipated. The seller, started my car up and I made up my mind in 3 seconds, lol ! But, there were several minor things I fixed and expected. You have to gamble sometimes to get what you want in life. Just take as many precautions as you can to protect yourself. Talk to the guy on phone and feel it out a lot better. It might be a rust bucket, it might not be. Ask for slow close up videos under car before you leave. A lot of good people on here that will help you from making a mistake or help you land the right one. These cars hold value.
I've made numerous attempts to get him to call me, with no response. So I will continue with the search.

I've made numerous attempts to get him to call me, with no response. So I will continue with the search.

That's nearly as concerning as the amount of undercoat. Always suspicious of heavy undercoat. That UCA is very odd.

Auto Transport Service
Back