• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Order of attack on 68 Charger body panels

kliv555

Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
Just looking for some opinions on the order of which panels I should replace on my 68 charger. And whether is I should temporary mount all of them with self tap screws at first, or if I mount then weld one at a time? I am starting at the rear of the car and here is a list that I need to replace:

Rear Valence
Rear valence end caps
Left trunk floor extension
Both quarter panels - I have skins for these which go from middle of wheel well to rear of car. The quarter panels are solid from the main body line up, so I’m hoping that I can just cut what I need and stay below the body line

Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

C8273AAE-389A-4539-810D-ED34A0AAE31D.jpeg

57B90872-C0F3-4230-AA9A-6E751D64FE25.jpeg

If the trunk floor is good and staying in the car, I would remove the left quarter section first. It will give you access to the extension and an get a look at the wheel housing.

Then you could work to the other side and then the valance and corners. I like to work one section at a time.

Have a look at Junkerup on youtube. Chris Birdsong has alot of good tips and tricks for 2nd gen charger sheetmetal.

Auto Transport Service
Back