• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ordering pushrods question

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Stock 1970-318 This is my old one. All I can find says ball tip. Do they not make the originals anymore. I called Summit and Mancini Racing says their is Mopar Authentic restoration and theirs have the ball tip. Mine are 7.5 long. Could someone help me out on this please.

IMG_20240427_173648.jpg

so the ends dont not matter? Its just a new design then the originals?
ball on both ends is what the originals were and what the new replacements are. You are making this confusing.

Not trying to make it that way , thats why I posted a pic of the original. Thank you for your help.

Not trying to make it that way , thats why I posted a pic of the original. Thank you for your help.
It is just a difference on how they were made. Most likely the OEM was designed and made a cheap as possible, The OEM looks to of had the end machined round and the tips hardened. You can see the heat discoloration. It was still considered a ball end. The replacements are a newer design which resembles a ball more. They may not even make your style anymore. 87 -88 was most likely the last of that style. I cant remember but its possible the newer looking one was used in production. So just order the new style and sleep well.

Originals were solid with
heat treated rounded ends.
New style are 3 piece hollow
with a ball welded to the
ends. Running the 3 piece
shouldn't be a problem
as long as you purchase a
good quality part.

Originals were solid with
heat treated rounded ends.
New style are 3 piece hollow
with a ball welded to the
ends. Running the 3 piece
shouldn't be a problem
as long as you purchase a
good quality part.
that was the answer I was looking for. I guess you understood my question.

What do you think I was telling you?
He put it in lamen terms. I did not know if it mattered about the ends. I did take your advice and bought the Melling pushrods. Did not mean to offend you.

He put it in lamen terms. I did not know if it mattered about the ends. I did take your advice and bought the Melling pushrods. Did not mean to offend you.
I guess I do not understand lamen terms. I only understand and speak English.

My bad I spelt it wrong ,laymen terms

Try contacting
Smith Bros. Pushrods
2895 SW 13th St.
Redmond, OR 97756
1-800-367-1533
Www.pushrods.net
We’ve been crafting custom pushrods since 1953. We build superior quality pushrods for performance cars, trucks, motorcycles, tractors, restoration and custom projects. Our pushrods can be found in many NASCAR performance engines and in your everyday driver.
Visit their web site

BOB RENTON

Why are you replacing the pushrods @davek ?

Ok, you only need to buy one!

Wanted: 1 old smallblock pushrod lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back