• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ore the front turn signal bulb for ‘67 Coronet?

I have always used 1034 & 1157 interchangeably, but in pairs. In other words if one side was out and it was say a 1034 and all I had were 1157's, I would change both sides to the 1157's. I have found that there seems to be a difference in brightness between the two. Maybe just me?
1157's are a tad brighter and listed as heavy duty. Been that way for 50yrs. If anyone gets their hands on a WWGrainger catalog, they used to list all bulbs with specs.

As I have 1966 Ford Thunderbird tail lights in my 67 Coronet I will be using the 1157 bulbs.

I've installed 2357 rear tail light bulbs in my last 3 cars I've had. Safety first, you can really see the difference.

I never knew that a post about an apparently simple thing like a turn signal could produce such a useful debate. Thanks for all the input. Hoping I have some turn signals soon

make sure when you have the sockets cleaned up put some dielectric grease on the bulb metal casing before installing it, this will help with keeping moisture away from your sockets and having any problems in the future.

Auto Transport Service
Back