• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ore the front turn signal bulb for ‘67 Coronet?

Have a picture of the socket?
Here’s a pic of the socket. Despite the rust on the unit the actual bulb holder is clean and apparently ok

03C8CC46-25FB-41A0-BD47-666E137426CD.jpeg D5AF27FA-F504-4CE4-AFB4-85299B248660.jpeg

You can look into the socket and see the offset grooves for the bulb pins. Make sure the one closest to the base goes in first and into the deepest groove. If it doesn't go in one way, try the other way. It has to be a double filament bulb for park and turn lights.

No hassle for me at all. Zip. It would be a small box, one headlight and some bulbs? Cheap. Say the word and they are on the way my friend. Ghost

I will see what the cost is today. I'll let u know what the damage will be. Then you can decide.
That is so cool, thanks. Couple of those bulbs and the inner two prong sealed beam headlight would be great. Message me the costs when you have time.
The car is a barn find and yesterday I completed the UK registration, so almost ready for the road!

31A1FD07-88CD-4CF8-95DB-D3677F3ABA89.jpeg ED36A538-1934-47F4-A511-296F7B5A4799.jpeg

When the bulb is pressed down into the socket it should depress on the spring so it can be twisted for the pins to slot into place, the twisting also aligns the metal contacts with each other. If it doesn't depress far enough perhaps there's rust built up under the spring tab underneath..not allowing it to depress far enough. check.

That is so cool, thanks. Couple of those bulbs and the inner two prong sealed beam headlight would be great. Message me the costs when you have time.
The car is a barn find and yesterday I completed the UK registration, so almost ready for the road!

View attachment 1186267 View attachment 1186268
I have to stop in to the post office today anyway so i'll see what it costs. Need an address pal...PM me.

This is from my '66 Plymouth FSM. Probably the same for Dodge, but not sure.
Also found this...
Primary Filament Operation at 12.8 Volts
The primary filament is used for normal marker-lamp (the rear light that comes on when you turn on your headlights) operation. The 1157 lamp can sustain 2.10 amps at 12.8 volts, and will last an average of 1,200 hours. The 1034 lamp can handle 1.80 amps at this voltage, and will last an average of 200 hours.

Secondary Filament Operation at 14 Volts
The secondary filament is used for turn signal operations. The 1157 lamp can sustain 590 milliamps of electrical current at 14 volts, and lasts an average of 3,000 hours. The 1034 lamp lasts an average of 5,000 hours under these conditions.

Considerations When Choosing Which to Install
Since both lamps are used as combination turn-signal and marker lamps, choose the lamp that suits your needs best. If you do a lot of daytime driving and require a long-lasting signal lamp, install the 1034 lamp. If you do a lot of nighttime driving, and do not need to use your turn signals often, choose the 1157 lamp.

Bulbs.jpg

Yep, so the Milesdodge original 1034As should work.
(Im not that old, only remembered 1157s)
Lol

Last edited:
Medium flat rate box is $54.59....so, not TOO bad...
Thanks Ghost, give me 24 hour if you don’t mind as I’m awaiting a response from the one supplier in the country who may have the headlamp. The $54 isn’t the problem, it’s the customs guys at my end who likely charge 30% more on the import side

Thanks Ghost, give me 24 hour if you don’t mind as I’m awaiting a response from the one supplier in the country who may have the headlamp. The $54 isn’t the problem, it’s the customs guys at my end who likely charge 30% more on the import side
No doubt, take yer time. Let me know.

1157 vs 1034 Found this years ago

The primary filament is used for normal marker-lamp (the rear light that comes on when you turn on your headlights) operation. The 1157 lamp can sustain 2.10 amps at 12.8 volts, and will last an average of 1,200 hours. The 1034 lamp can handle 1.80 amps at this voltage, and will last an average of 200 hours.

The secondary filament is used for turn signal operations. The 1157 lamp can sustain 590 milliamps of electrical current at 14 volts, and lasts an average of 3,000 hours. The 1034 lamp lasts an average of 5,000 hours under these conditions.

Since both lamps are used as combination turn-signal and marker lamps, choose the lamp that suits your needs best. If you do a lot of daytime driving and require a long-lasting signal lamp, install the 1034 lamp. If you do a lot of nighttime driving, and do not need to use your turn signals often, choose the 1157 lamp.

I have always used 1034 & 1157 interchangeably, but in pairs. In other words if one side was out and it was say a 1034 and all I had were 1157's, I would change both sides to the 1157's. I have found that there seems to be a difference in brightness between the two. Maybe just me?

1157 vs 1034 Found this years ago

This needs to be a sticky!

I have also used them both interchangeably. But, doing so in pairs makes good sense.

Auto Transport Service
Back