• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Original 1974 Spare Tire Assembly Goodyear Polyglas-G70-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparply

Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Original 1974 spare tire assembly, everything is original on this assembly, excellent original paint, excellent original tire, correct for many years, mint condition, $800

GOODYEAR POLYGLAS - G70 - 14 Raised White Letter
14 x 6 Steel Rim
Original Valve Stem and Cap

Located in NJ

This can be delivered to the Mopar Nationals with prior arrangement.

This assembly was used in many different years.

ED2836B4-D9B4-4863-8EDB-098637A0F48D.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi I was actually looking for a G 60-15 white letter or a G 70-14 white stripe tire but may have interest in your G 70-14 white letter if you would consider my offer. I live in South Jersey so should be able to pickup from you depending on where in NJ you are.
Not trying to offend you but I can offer $400 cash if you still have this item.
Thank you
Ron Sannino

Hi Ron,

Yes, that would be a pretty big discount at 50% off! The spare tire assembly is a completely original assembly from 49 years ago. Everything is original, tire, rim, paint, wheel weight, valve stem and cap, inspection marks, etc. It's in excellent original condition, no need for any work or cleaning.

Just for a comparison, I just bought a new steel rim/tire/valve stem & cap, mounted and balanced for my daily driver, that cost just over $800 for everything. That is for an oem domestic generic current day car, nothing special. That's an example of what current day parts that are available everywhere cost these days.

I would consider a trade for something that I could use if that would help you.

Thanks Ken

Last edited:
TY but have no interest to pay $800 for my spare.
Ron

Hi Ron,

You could put a very nice spare tire assembly together yourself. The steel rims and tires are available in reproduction. The reproduction rims are $250 and the reproduction tires are around $300. The valve stem/cap, mounting and balancing will be under $50. All in you can put a nice one together for $600 not including shipping. You could possibly pick the rim and tire up at a show so you don't have to pay the shipping.

That would put you under that $800 price point. That could be a good option for you.

One of the problems with the reproduction tires is they are made with the newer rubber that doesn't last long. I just had to replace 4 tires because of cracking, they still had 50% tread remaining.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back