• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Air/Classic Auto Air -- Don't Bother

Daytrepper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this so you guys don't get put in my predicament. If you have had a similar experience feel free to share.

Sent my original lines and a/c muffler in to have them replace the old rubber hose and repair a fitting.

December 2022. Was told 4-6 weeks to get it done. One of the lines took me 2 years to find a good one and I'm worried they lost it and are feeding me a line of crap.

I've heard every excuse in the book. It started with "we're moving" ....which lasted 3 months. Really; it takes 3 months to move your business? You'd be out of business. After that it kept being pushed out a month at a time.

We are finally down to "next week" every time I call them. "I spoke to the shop supervisor". That has been going on a month now. Maybe if I start calling every day that will speed the process lol.

My patience is about a week from demanding the lines back and suing them if they do not send them or have lost them.

Sorry to hear that if it took you 2 years to find the one line I would guess it’s a 71-2 B-body big block a/c line. Hopefully you get it all worked out..

Sorry to hear that if it took you 2 years to find the one line I would guess it’s a 71-2 B-body big block a/c line. Hopefully you get it all worked out..

Thanks, yeah its on my 66 big block, suction line to the evaporator.

They might be templating it to start a reproduction line for future sales?

I best get royalties....and all this time this summer with the top down and no a/c...that has to be worth something. 4-6 weeks, more like 4-12 months.

I’ve got to call them today. Ordered the direct fit condenser for my ‘72. Surprise! It ain’t a direct fit…

Mounting bracket and fitting are both 1-2” from where they should be. Guess I’ll have to send my original in so they can fix their template.
35D25C26-9C7B-4332-B425-ED3DA6F6D0DF.jpeg

D35046E6-D376-4DE0-BC2C-05F772C6921D.jpeg

After a myriad of phone calls and emails, I finally got my parts back.

They look really great. The work was done nicely. The customer service, they need to work on it. Don't tell me 4-6 weeks and take 8 months.

Now I can finally get my A/C going!

I would much rather buy the tools and make my own lines. I'm glad you got your parts and finally get it installed.

For future reference, check out your local tractor dealerships, if they can't fab one, they'll let you know who does their work locally. I dropped some hydraulic hoses off at our local JD dealer, they fabbed a new set and the new hoses were ready a couple of hours later. It would be the same for a/c lines.

I purchased the hoses and ends and then fitted them. brought them to a a/c shop and had them crimped. No headaches. Lots of a/c shops here in Florida.

Auto Transport Service
Back