• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original B-Body Mufflers

Scott Fuller

Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to determine if 1968 and earlier assembly line mufflers used the same embossing format as later years. If anyone has examples/photos of B-Body mufflers with 1968 production year and earlier dates I'd appreciate if you could post a photo here.

Thanks,

Scott

Photo of October 1968 dated muffler.

Scott

2.jpg

If you was curious look at ECS automotive concepts and compare for kicks and giggles..

He IS ECS Exhaust now, bought that part of the business from David's Wife...

"If you was curious look at ECS automotive concepts and compare for kicks and giggles.."

Are you saying the ECS stuff isn't correct...Good?

Scott

No, he thought you were looking for what it looked like and suggested, unknowingly, what you already know!

I developed the original male and female embossing dies for the current ECS mufflers from original mufflers. Trying to figure out if older (1968 and before) are the same or different.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, I have no idea on who you are. I purchased a complete exhaust for my RT and was thrilled with how correct everything is. It’s nicest most correct exhaust I’ve seen and used. So if you are the guy responsible .. Thanks for the good work! I appreciate the effort. Dadsbee was correct too.

Dadsbee,

I had started a post with information on who I am and various other information that was considered advertising by the moderator and deleted. So I'm reluctant to post too much here or it may get deleted again.

Scott

Last edited:
Was looking for that post. There is is one businessman who monitors posts looking for a product he makes. He then jumps in to make a sale.
Been looking at Hemi H-plpes but shipping $$$ to CT. Have F'd up new bought off ebay 20 years ago. Tubes weren't cut square leak at manifold passengers side.

Dadsbee,

I had started a post with information on who I am and various other information that was considered advertising by the moderator and deleted. So I'm reluctant to post too much here or it may get deleted again.

Scott
Probably on hidden until Joey sorts it out with you. I'm not the commercial entity, so I can talk about one freely..or so I would hope for the betterment of our "hobby"! :thumbsup: Hopefully someone can help with the quest... I know on the other post someone found and linked you to a listing on Ebag for a resonator..

Isn't it easier to just sign up as a vendor then be done with the games?

This comment is not directed towards Scott rather the ones that lurk in the shadows then appear to try to make sale. Fees couldn't be all that much.

Last edited:
I found in terms and conditions answers to following questions. How many people
read T&C's? Maybe I missed something on here but when you visit for first time. How is a company to know that you have to be a sponsor to advertise? Wait for your post to be deleted?
Don't have an answer on how to let business to know they need to sign up as sponsors to advertise. It maybe it's on page when you register or should be.@joeychicago? Hope mods explain to potential sponsors what they need to do, I'm sure they do.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything. I came to this site as the premier authority on all things B-body in hopes of understanding the variations in mufflers for these awesome cars. Simply (but not easy) looking for original examples of 1968 and earlier B-body mufflers.

Thanks again,

Scott

Here's a muffler I bought in the late 80' early 90's.
muffler2.jpg

Scott I / we appreciate what your doing ! Keep up the good work!

Scott there are some really sharp guys here, I’m sure we all continue to assist in your research projects, test fits etc.

Last edited:
I believe that the muffler that says "made in Canada" is a service replacement muffler. The originals (assembly line) were probably made in the US. Does anyone have the "made in Canada" mufflers on original/unrestored cars?

Scott

I can add these photos of a Sono X-6 muffler dated 10-64. No country of manufacturing is seen.
It came from a C-body guy. I have wondered what model it’s from and if the rust could be eliminated.
Good Day!

FB96197E-764C-4C54-A11D-825E73DE106D.jpeg View attachment 1192072 02E4E3CB-41DB-466E-B0D0-32FE2ACAD67A.jpeg 136C31FA-2ABB-4519-9516-C88CE7CBE50F.jpeg 203675D1-6FC4-45C0-A746-FD1107BFF57D.jpeg 324B9BE8-9B8D-44A4-90AC-45B4D4FC6E92.jpeg 1EC7C8A7-5FD9-4801-BB03-EA1F6D3AE3A4.jpeg A7974C7A-ABC4-4002-BEEE-EAACCF3EA394.jpeg 616A80E1-52BA-4358-8753-844E077EF283.jpeg 5C7744C3-D6D4-41E5-96A6-F99E1DC66934.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back