• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Carb?

JCroadrunner

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
I have a 70 RR, 383 auto, with AC. When I got it it had a Holley on it and I’m pretty sure it’s a 650cfm. I’m looking to replace it but not sure that’s what came on it from factory. Anybody know for sure.

Do you have the BS? That will tell you. Also check here: Parts Manuals – MyMopar

Capture.JPG

I don't know about 70s, but 69 a/c auto 383 rr's got holleys. What is the list # and date on your holley? (Info is on the front of the choke horn).

I have a 70 RR, 383 auto, with AC. When I got it it had a Holley on it and I’m pretty sure it’s a 650cfm. I’m looking to replace it but not sure that’s what came on it from factory. Anybody know for sure.
Not sure if this will help…..my 69 Charger 383 HP has a avs 4 barrel Carter…it was rated 630 to 650……I’m presuming your Holley would be in that range….

70 383 RR's got a Holly with vacuum secondaries. Numbers I don't remember.

My carbs list number is 4166, other number on air horn is 2708. Carb number on build sheet is 62.

I think these guys above me know. I "thought" the 70 Roadrunner 383's with A/C got Holleys and were rated at 330hp instead of 335hp (or something like that?)

My build sheet says Carb 62. So according to the parts book it originally came on a 440? My original engine is a 383, “RM23N0G”. Am I reading the parts sheet wrong?

All sources say 4166 was used on 1967-1969 440 not a 383. a lot of info is in the FSM. Have you looked at yours ?

My build sheet says Carb 62. So according to the parts book it originally came on a 440? My original engine is a 383, “RM23N0G”. Am I reading the parts sheet wrong?
Is the build sheet for your car, a dumb question.

Yes. You are reading it incorrectly. That number is a reference to another section of the parts book with additional information on that specific carb. It is not a reference to the BS code.

Code 62 = Holley 4369 = just as 33IMP posted in #6.

Auto Transport Service
Back