• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Exhaust Manifolds for a 1970 Coronet R/T

Rt70- RC is correct, those hot air stoves were all about emission control to get quicker heat to carb because it was set up leaner than desirable(ditch them things).

oldbee,

Whenever I start a project on a car I've never had before (70 R/T); I pretty much follow the Factory Service Manual until I get good advice from experienced folks like the people on this forum. Thanks for the info.
Richard

These are off my original 1970 coronet r/t with the original 440 magnum so I know the manifolds and numbers are correct to the car.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I should of added and I'm sorry to say that these are not for sale. Just trying to help identify the correct manifolds for that car. Happily running headers right now but eventually these will go back on.

I should of added and I'm sorry to say that these are not for sale. Just trying to help identify the correct manifolds for that car. Happily running headers right now but eventually these will go back on.
"Motime",
Thanks for the great pic's and #'s. When I decided to drop the headers and reinstall the orig Mopar exhaust system; I knew very little. This R/T is my first Mopar (I saved for years) and it feels like I'm 16 again and trying to figure out how cars run!!! The present Headers are terrible as there is no room and they are in the way on almost any engine area work. I'm working with a gentleman that has all the engine area exhaust parts, ie, upper/lower carb air heater, left/right exhaust manifolds, and the Exhaust Heater Valve. Remaining parts are available thru vendors. I'm going to go with Accurate for the remaining system under the car. Presently has a flow master system. Reason for Accurate is a friend of mine says he put in their orig exhaust system in a few hours with no problems, and Accurate is about 140 miles south of me. I got some feedback (negative) about the carb air heaters, but if it doesn't work out, I can remove it. I'm for as original as possible but not down to nuts and bolts. The R/T is a #'s matching with a 105,000 miles, no rust, and 440 High Performance. Car needs a lot of attention but nothing serious (yet)???
I looked at your R/T, looks great. When you get some time, I'd like to see some more photos if possible!!!
thanks, Richard

Your welcome. Ya I can get more pictures. Carb air heaters? If my car had them I must of removed them long ago, I can't even remember where they or it if only one was installed. Going to look into that one. I'm assuming a manifold heat sheald must of been installed originally.

Your welcome. Ya I can get more pictures. Carb air heaters? If my car had them I must of removed them long ago, I can't even remember where they or it if only one was installed. Going to look into that one. I'm assuming a manifold heat sheald must of been installed originally.

"Motime",
I've only seen them (carb heaters) for sale (twice) and never on a licensed Mopar. I think they were another 1970 era fuel environmental control. I thought I'd see how the car runs and go from there. The 440HP has plenty of horse power, I don't need any more. Don't know how I survived my teens, twenties, and thirties!!!!

A heat riser is all mine had, I kept thinking back to other cars I've had that actually had that foil tube and a thermostatically controlled air cleaner arrangement. Glad my coronet didn't have that.

Auto Transport Service
Back